What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Put a jolly finger into the side of a saugar beet to see how thick the skin was and ended up getting the skin stuck under my nail and to top it all off the finger is getting bigger of all things and it now stings. 

The rest of the day I did a bit of grubbing with the cvx infront of the drill and then stood on the digger for a while before getting the cows in for milking.

Was about it realy....

got woken at 4.30 this morning by mrs pjw being sick so i had to get the kids ready for school then do the school run ,back home to do the house work ,do some shopping,take sam the dog for a walk ,then the school run again , cook the tea,bath the kids and then put em to bed .mrs pjw is feeling abit better now so hopfully i won,t have to go trough that again tomorrow

Topping lavender bushes! The smell was making me feel rough by the end of the day!!

10 acres of lavender was not harvested this year so the flowers needed to be cut off.

driving slowly up the rows of lavender with the topper in the air continually adjusting the height so as to cut as many flower heads off without touching the plants.

Slow, tedious and stinking! I get all the best jobs

Today set out to do some grass cutting rained off at 10am changed clothes went out hedge cutting the heavens opened  heavy rain and a thunder storm too back in doors with another change of clothes

Went up the yard to empty lorry got wet again so i am at home now.

Got home just in time to receive parcel from F-p My Lexion terra trac

looks great on my layout, nice one Fp

currently sat high up in the middel of dartmoor, awaiting assistance as the main tv/radio mast for the area got blitzed last night by a huge amount of lightening,destroying most of our cables that feed it, so after this brief appearance i prob wont be back on till tommorrow eve, so spare a thought for me stuck out here in the wind and rain at midnight and gone wont ya lads

currently sat high up in the middel of dartmoor, awaiting assistance as the main tv/radio mast for the area got blitzed last night by a huge amount of lightening,destroying most of our cables that feed it, so after this brief appearance i prob wont be back on till tommorrow eve, so spare a thought for me stuck out here in the wind and rain at midnight and gone wont ya lads

whats the mast called ???

Dave  ??? Bert  ??? Sid  ??? Harry  ??? - do masts have names... and I thought it was just me who named my vegetables  :-[

might be called hilltop mast or big steel structure on the hill.....just curious :D :D :D :D

Are you carting straw for the carrot lads mate?  :);) ;)

no, one of my mates has bought straw beside me so i'm helping him cart it home only thing is its about 2 1/2 - 3 hours round trip in the fog today :( , although i have passed a few big stacks of straw waiting to be put onto carrots.  :)

did you make it along to tillage mart? :-\