What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Twin heifers wont get in calve .... or can have defomed calves if they .... thats what the old farmers say around here  :-\

and twins are normally wee screw-balls and all .... one good calve is better than two screw - balls  :D

as tractor bob said there ok ,its male and female isnt that good as she doesnt have the reproductive system in her  ;) but the she only left the one calf behind but hes a fighter he hadnt had the colustrum when he was in the truck but he was standing up goin over the rough field  :D hes now in the shed with another calf which is abt a month old  ;) he had to come in due to the mother havin big teats nd he wouldnt suck :) but by god she gives brilliant calves  :)

No way, that then leaves us with a big problem trying to foster the damned things or hand feeding them, along with a large bill for carcass disposal, you can bet its always the best cow that dies as well with a few more breeding years in her yet. We did lose one cow this spring along with both her calves, they were big'uns too, 3rd year in a row she'd had twins!

we have no problem fostering calfs at all up here and is only £100 to get a dead cow removed from the farm

footprinting and commisioning another 276 fibres, thats a total of 552 pics taken, ends checked and resplices done where required, still another 133 to do from the other end yet ,but out in cornwall tommorrow doing another 144 in a day down to an emergency cross the tamr cable after our lovley area manager promised some snotty bloke broadband on monady, despite the fact the cable had not arrive till today, will be laid jointed and tested in 1 day, inbetween the navy ships in and out ,which they will be on a firday, as the dont do war games on a weekend,

well ive been carting in hay bales  ;D and done some fencing around the bale clamp ready for the silage bales  :)

picture of the manitou with 33 bales the next load i had 34 on  ;D got some funny looks with this load  :D most people round us still have little trailers that carry 4 along the bottom  :D

Those bales look a little misshapen, have they been sitting in the rain? :)

I have indeed Tris, might be going to look at it either tomorrow or early next week as he is busy spraying at the minute. Its a 2001 6910 with 6000hrs on it in absolutely mint condition as you can see from the pics :o just haggling on the price at the minute as its slightly over the budget :(

2008_0630jd69100005.jpg

2008_0630jd69100007.jpg

I thought I would have some "compost therapy".  There is nothing like sieving compost from my 7 compost bins and spreading it around the beds but...

...I found one of my bins leaking compost from the back as it was tilting forward at an alarming angle (think the gardener moved it at some time as  it was on a slope!) so it was a case of giving it the heave-ho and tipping it over completely.  So now, having emptied 300-odd  litres of compost into a wheelbarrow, tipping some into the dip in the lawn, and leaving the bottom section as an enormous pile in the corner.  I then resited and levelled the bin, refilled it from the wheelbarrow and some of the heap I am tired, worn out, have an aching back but am well pleased with myself.

Good soak later after I collect Smartie from the vets having had the corn removed from her foot.

Age and hours aside, she's a winner in looks and condition alone. Do you know what the working and service history is?

All I know is its been meticulously maintained and has a good service history, boss is currently checking all this out with the local dealer there.

Those bales look a little misshapen, have they been sitting in the rain? :)

ye they were baled and it rained that night and they have been out for about week and a half  drying :-[ plus i baled these and it was my first time baling  ;)  today i helped the guys doing the telephone post as there hiab wouldnt pull the post up so chain round the manitou and out she came and in payment he gave me 2 poles  ;D perfect for strainers and gate post  ;)

ye they were baled and it rained that night and they have been out for about week and a half  drying :-[ plus i baled these and it was my first time baling  ;)  today i helped the guys doing the telephone post as there hiab wouldnt pull the post up so chain round the manitou and out she came and in payment he gave me 2 poles  ;D perfect for strainers and gate post  ;)

Wow! is there anything these machines can't do?  8)

Waiting for a new fridge freezer to arrive this morning.

Just had a hire car deliverered  - going up to Langport on another course with work next week. The car is a Chrysler Sebring ??? - What a pile of $**t,  only a year old and its falling to bits and seems to be going rusty already :o

Waiting for a new fridge freezer to arrive this morning.

Just had a hire car deliverered  - going up to Langport on another course with work next week. The car is a Chrysler Sebring ??? - What a pile of $**t,  only a year old and its falling to bits and seems to be going rusty already :o

I had one of those back in may told the hire company I never wanted one again when I hire one. Thing was gutless and nasty and plasticy inside.

Today I am mostly doing house work whilst the wife is at work. Also have the lawns to cut later on and take the dog out when the wife gets home at 2 then she is back into work at 7 until closing time so I will be getting some work doing on the sheds for the farm tonight.

finally got round to sorting out the basement  :)and set up some of the boards that will form my new layout ;D ;D, that in between my mrs running up and down the stairs giving progress reports on the cat spitting out kittens :D :D :D

get the car washed after driving around cornwall/devon.....amazed at the amount of brake dust on the wheels! :D :D

catching up on here as phone didnt want to connect last week >:( >:(

Thought it was about time to clear out the attic

Just to many of those  "That ull come in handy one day items"  just lying there gathering dust    so out to the tip it is going    But you know how it is    I'll want something in a few weeks ;)

took the kids surfing while the old ball and chain cooked a roast, really enjoyed the surfing with them, they have a surf school at the beach £38 a lesson  :o :o :o

so when you have 6 kids that want to do it thats a bit expensive :D:o

so dad is teaching them. its funny when you push them off on a wave and they go one way and the board goes the other , and they come up with water comming out there nose they love it.

better for them than being on the computer all day (thats my job)  :D :D :D

was busy at grass yesterday finished at 8 packed and covered the pit with young farmers never got done unto 1 in the morning then had to treck 15 mile over the county to pick up a 2000g redrock tanker then back home 17 mile never got to sleep unto 2:30 in the morning back up at 7 to go drop the tanker of to the farmer, back at silage at 8 home at 5 might hit the bed now  ::):D :D :D