What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Been on straw haulage most of the week wheat straw from one farm, spring barley from another both to the same customer over Bristol way, 76 bales on the lowloader. Theen after that today, back to the yard for the boys to load me up for the Cheffins run tomorrow while I went and loaded 400 conventional straw bales on one of the trailers by hand! All go down 'ere I can tell thee!

• Like 1

Indulging in a bit of nostalgia. for years I have been trying to track a film I saw at,, believe it or not, Saturday Morning Pictures when I was about 8 or 9. I remember so much of the film (it obviously impressed me) that I have an urge to see it again. I shall probably be disappointed but...

Today I actually managed to find it! Yup, the storyline is correct (as I remember it); it was made in 1954 (about right); starred Dale Robertson (seems to be correct as I know it was not Errol Flynn). So now I know what the film was called - I thought it was something "Crazy Horse" but in fact was simply called "Sitting Bull" what is more there is a DVD available. Customer reviews go on about poor quality but lets be honest it is made from an old cellulose film reel sixty years old!

I am now awaiting delivery with bated breath!

going to pick anything up malc?

Got a new Bruder Lexion 480 and a set of the Claas Comic Characters as presents... :)

There was nothing model I either didn't want or didn't have - but a nice chat with the parts guys again and Suzy got to use the posh 'facilities' ;) Only one combine (a 580+) in the yard, but a couple of Jaguars, a Xerion 5000 and lots of tractors and balers! No brochures I didn't have either...! ::)

/malc.

• Like 1

Got a new Bruder Lexion 480 and a set of the Claas Comic Characters as presents... :)

There was nothing model I either didn't want or didn't have - but a nice chat with the parts guys again and Suzy got to use the posh 'facilities' ;) Only one combine (a 580+) in the yard, but a couple of Jaguars, a Xerion 5000 and lots of tractors and balers! No brochures I didn't have either...! ::)

/malc.

im up to date brochure wise malc,but there are some new ones due this month,will post up the pictures when i get them in the brochure topic,funnily enough!!!!!

Finished the hay!! 2012 hay making is done and the last 3000 odd bales were not too bad given how late in the year we are. Grand total of 17,000 made, up 5,000 on the average, up 8,000 on last years total! One more artic load of straw to deliver, one rigid load to deliver and another 50ac has been bought to use on the farm and store for possible sales at the end of the winter.

true sue, didnt spend that much really to be honest, 150 quid on a 4 course meal for 10 of us was the biggest ,and a few fancy pics of the whol;e familly together , the others spent more,we stayed on board mostly looking after the 2 kids

£150 for 10 does not sound horrendous. As long as you enjoyed yourselves that is the main thing.

Collected a new jcb 3cx from the local dealers, it was an ex demonstrator with 1500 hours on the clock, hadn't realised that there was a like new breaker coming with it, also got a shot of the new jcb jz235, leveling a new piece of ground at the back of the yard, enjoying using the zero tail swings now, we now have 8 ranging from 3 tons to 25 tons, crackin machines and no worries about scratching the paint job :)

hi tris hope you feel better soon mate.

Cheers fella, one eye still isn't quite right but I can't sit at home so it's back on the job tomorrow. Should be right by morning anyway. Straw to Tiverton then a trip back into Somerset for a couple of Fords to bring home.

• Like 1

Indulging in a bit of nostalgia. for years I have been trying to track a film I saw at,, believe it or not, Saturday Morning Pictures when I was about 8 or 9. I remember so much of the film (it obviously impressed me) that I have an urge to see it again. I shall probably be disappointed but...

Today I actually managed to find it! Yup, the storyline is correct (as I remember it); it was made in 1954 (about right); starred Dale Robertson (seems to be correct as I know it was not Errol Flynn). So now I know what the film was called - I thought it was something "Crazy Horse" but in fact was simply called "Sitting Bull" what is more there is a DVD available. Customer reviews go on about poor quality but lets be honest it is made from an old cellulose film reel sixty years old!

I am now awaiting delivery with bated breath!

gosh here me thinking that it was just charcoal on cave walls. Your just a spring chick!

just back from the father in laws funeral, good service and a good few of the staff turned up from the home he was in to, sues a bit washed out now, think all the stress and alikes has finally come out, shes been doing all the running arround and organising the last few dfays before we left and since we got back, so her minds not been thinking about it really ,

Collected a new jcb 3cx from the local dealers, it was an ex demonstrator with 1500 hours on the clock, hadn't realised that there was a like new breaker coming with it, also got a shot of the new jcb jz235, leveling a new piece of ground at the back of the yard, enjoying using the zero tail swings now, we now have 8 ranging from 3 tons to 25 tons, crackin machines and no worries about scratching the paint job :)

Good for confined spaces I'd have thought but isn't there an increased risk of tipping up on slopes like you get with swingtail 360s, as more of the weight shifts to the front?

finishing my normal working week with a 1530-0030 shift, then agreed to be in by 0800 tomorrow for a cheeky 6 hours at double pay... apologies for not being around here that much nowadays, i don't seem to have a lot of spare time any more!

Good for confined spaces I'd have thought but isn't there an increased risk of tipping up on slopes like you get with swingtail 360s, as more of the weight shifts to the front?

never noticed a problem with it tipping, even with it sitting at full reach with its bucket full it sits well, possibly one of the best purchases yet

Fluffing around today realy.

Spun abit of urea on,had a snoop at the guy crushing some rock on the lanes with a IVT 6920, and sorted out a few gems.

Lovely scenery on that first photo Ol, is that a golf course in the background?