What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Had a lay in today for the first time in I don't know how long. After a fifteen hour day on the road and trudging around Somerset on foot trying to find a tractor for an hour in the rain. . . which was not even there .. .. By the time I got home I was shot. So a couple of Old Rascals sent me off to the land of nod without any messing. Traci went off to work at 6.30am and I didn't stir until 10.30am. Walked the dog, had a bonfire in the garden and then we went shopping for house stuff. Came back with a dresser for the dining room, a wine cupboard/rack, three bathroom cabinets, an old fashioned wall shelf unit and a glass/metal coffee table for the conservatory. Bite to eat at the Frome Flyer on the way back, bit of tele and a little read through the pages on here to see what's been going on.

Had a lay in today for the first time in I don't know how long. After a fifteen hour day on the road and trudging around Somerset on foot trying to find a tractor for an hour in the rain. . . which was not even there .. .. By the time I got home I was shot. So a couple of Old Rascals sent me off to the land of nod without any messing. Traci went off to work at 6.30am and I didn't stir until 10.30am. Walked the dog, had a bonfire in the garden and then we went shopping for house stuff. Came back with a dresser for the dining room, a wine cupboard/rack, three bathroom cabinets, an old fashioned wall shelf unit and a glass/metal coffee table for the conservatory. Bite to eat at the Frome Flyer on the way back, bit of tele and a little read through the pages on here to see what's been going on.

Have you got 3 bathrooms then? Posh, eh?!

Well, last night we played a very nice little gig for an enthusiastic crowd down in Mary Tavy :) , then today I had to put up some sheep fence at my wife's school. NOT to keep the sheep out, but to keep the kids from going out amongst the sheep! :- A lovely job in the roaring wind and rain that has plagued us most of today...

Considering I've been off sick with some sort of virus this week, i'm just glad I got it back together in time for the weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow, I suppose... :-[

Anybody going to Toy Trac at Wincanton in October? I've never been to this, is it a good one?

Anybody going to Toy Trac at Wincanton in October? I've never been to this, is it a good one?

If you like the hobby, you will like the show!!

A big room full of toys and other sado's who like toy tractors.

Ive been twice, had fun both times, not sure about this year :)

All my sheep are in the deep freezer John, bu**ers can't get out of there! We've not had any wind here yet, did start raining a little around lunch time but nothing like what's been forecast, I'm not very far from Mary Tavy as the crow flies.

• Like 1

If you like the hobby, you will like the show!!

A big room full of toys and other sado's who like toy tractors.

Ive been twice, had fun both times, not sure about this year :)

Is this the one that is being held near J24 on the M5 now? I must admit that I got my info from an old magazine... :unsure:  Looks like December 1st.? Now called J24Trac?

All my sheep are in the deep freezer John, bu**ers can't get out of there! We've not had any wind here yet, did start raining a little around lunch time but nothing like what's been forecast, I'm not very far from Mary Tavy as the crow flies.

About 40 miles by today's standards, then? I was watching some crows trying to fly upwind and had to laugh at them. They just wouldn't give up, even though they didn't stand a bat in hell's chance of actually doing it! We were at the Coronation Hall, Mary Tavy. Almost opposite the old garage there. A lovely crowd!

Sheep are safe around these parts, as we are all vegetarian, (I can hear the sharp intake of breath from here, chaps!). Mrs Bigbear is getting to be a dab hand at removing sheep from the school, though, and even gets to grips with the ones that get their head stuck in the fence!

Trouble is, she'd bring them all home to live here if she could! ;D

We don't really bother with the sheep on the Moor John, they're so thin that they're not worth the cost of a cartridge! As for the crows, we've trained them to fly like that, it's what we call 'getting nowhere fast' and it makes them think they have travelled several miles and when they calculate how far they would have flown, when they turn back to go to roost they go the distance they think they've flown and then it takes them a week to come back again! ;)

• Like 2

We don't really bother with the sheep on the Moor John, they're so thin that they're not worth the cost of a cartridge! As for the crows, we've trained them to fly like that, it's what we call 'getting nowhere fast' and it makes them think they have travelled several miles and when they calculate how far they would have flown, when they turn back to go to roost they go the distance they think they've flown and then it takes them a week to come back again! ;)

Took me a while to work that one out! ha ha!. We have hordes of jackdaws here, mostly living in our chimneys! I don't mind 'em, but our neighbour up the hill complains that they wake him up too early... Perhaps I should knock on his door when I go off to save him being bothered by the birds? Hohoho...

We don't have a problem with Jackdaws, not now my neighbour down below in the old Barton farm house sorted out the chimneys to stop them nesting in them and blocking up the holes in the walls of the granite barns, I've popped off a few in the garden as well and all have disappeared now, that could be due to a pair of Ravens moving in, they are big birds, my neighbour hates them, this year they have taken all his hen, duck and goose eggs that have been laid out and any chicks that have hatched they've had them as well, neighbours haven't got the sense to construct a covered pen/run until the chicks are big enough to look after themselves! They certainly wouldn't be snacking on my eggs and chicks!

• Like 1

Packing day today removals men will be coming to do the bulk of it.  House cleared tomorrow, I drive to Wantage, evict my youngest granddaughter from her bedroom for the night and on Friday I move into my new house. 

Stressed?  Sure am but once installed I can take my time settling in

• Like 1

I can visualise it now Sue, a large box body lorry trundling down the road with 'Chippendale Removals' on the sides! ;)

Actually it is going to be two.  The first one is already swallowing my possessions and will take most of the furniture.  The remainder will be collected tomorrow.

Amazing how dog hair collects behind cupboards!

Same as the last few days really,relaxing by the pool in cala n porter in Minorca,temp at the moment,78 degrees,clear blue sky's,going to the capital tommorrow,which is mahon,still coming on here from time to time,got to go,drinks just being deliverdpost-1769-0-47893300-1379677785_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali

Same as the last few days really,relaxing by the pool in cala n porter in Minorca,temp at the moment,78 degrees,clear blue sky's,going to the capital tommorrow,which is mahon,still coming on here from time to time,got to go,drinks just being deliverdattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Are you sure you aren't in Australia? You seem to be upside down.......... ;D ;D ;D

• Like 1