What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

Yeah we found that out at the weekend and have tickets booked for the Wednesday mate , first time there in 30 odd years we recon .be nice to seethe big kit we don't see this way that's for sure, 

There is not as much kit get there like there used to be but still a good selection  don't now if I am going this year yet see a bit nearer the time

Spent a day helping a couple of mates put up a steel staircase in a building up at Ipswich bit of a tight space to carry the heavy steel in but managed to get all the main bits up in a day and my mates have since been back and finished it  

20160411_095905.jpg

20160411_095923.jpg

20160411_095935.jpg

20160411_100007.jpg

20160411_100041.jpg

20160411_102717.jpg

20160411_120734.jpg

20160411_120802.jpg

20160411_162551.jpg

20160411_162614.jpg

20160411_162635.jpg

• Like 2

Another little job I have just done is this one ,my mate (spud) the one in the picture works for a company based not far from me so he asked if I would dig this out and cement it as his company would like it done as it leads out to a area that is designated for the smoking area and as you can see I have done it today got to go back next week and put up a thing like a bus shelter for staff to get in  

20160413_104247.jpg

20160413_104152.jpg

20160413_104139.jpg

20160413_104118.jpg

Spent most of the day pumping out a cable chamber at one of the big exchanges, about 30 m long X 10 m wide, with around 1.5 m deep water in, so a fair bit, got the pumps going and coming down nicely, we found a drain in the yard which we opened, and ran the hoses into it ,no water anywhere in the car park,all super great according to the manager there, however Un-know to us,or anyone I fact was the drainage pipe away was broken, after 3 hours a police man appears and informs us the waters coming up in a guys garden below the exchange and has gone into his kitchen and all sorts, so had to stop, and then try and clean him up, however we were baffled how it got in there as the step up on his door was a good 8" high and it was only puddled outside , something tells me he's trying it on, as we started again into another drain that's linked into the same system ,and kept an eye on it and couldn't see anything untoward and after an hr no major water near his door, luckily the copper  came back as the guy rang them again , and we got him to look and he's in agreement , so at present he's not taking any more actions as the home owner wanted, as like us he recon' she's done the damage himself, no other houses or the path between the sites was wet either . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MadMark said:

You've been busy then smithy. As for me I'm just about ready to go to work as I'm acting shop manager today again, Should be a good day as 2 of us yesterday put out over 250 new items so all stocked up,

Well done looks like you are busy and enjoying yourself as well

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:39 PM, Tractorman810 said:

Yeah we found that out at the weekend and have tickets booked for the Wednesday mate , first time there in 30 odd years we recon .be nice to seethe big kit we don't see this way that's for sure, 

Sean when you are at the Suffolk Show if you have time go and the Ernest Doe stand Graham Goodwin (Goody) said come and say hello he will get you a cup of tea/coffee

3 hours ago, smithy said:

Now setting of to go to cheffins vintage sale

Dad went down yesterday as our 3" Burrell Traction engine is in the sale, if you see a short fat bloke bidding on all the rubbish at the end of the day say hello as that'll be him :)

Edited by Stabliofarmer
  • Like 1

On 15 April 2016 at 8:38 PM, smithy said:

Sean when you are at the Suffolk Show if you have time go and the Ernest Doe stand Graham Goodwin (Goody) said come and say hello he will get you a cup of tea/coffee

I am planning " alone"time for the machinery there mate ;D;D not carting round all day with the wife after all , although my relatives are there to, my uncle will be at the tuckwells stand all day , my cousins also there with his lot after some new kit apparently, 

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:32 AM, Stabliofarmer said:

Dad went down yesterday as our 3" Burrell Traction engine is in the sale, if you see a short fat bloke bidding on all the rubbish at the end of the day say hello as that'll be him :)

Sorry James only now reading this post , I saw some off the engines sold but went of to look at some other things but did not see your dad  

18 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I am planning " alone"time for the machinery there mate ;D;D not carting round all day with the wife after all , although my relatives are there to, my uncle will be at the tuckwells stand all day , my cousins also there with his lot after some new kit apparently, 

If I do go I will let you now but just go on the doe stand and ask for goody if you cant see him they will find him he said to tell you to call in for a drink and maybe a biscuit

27 minutes ago, smithy said:

Nice one Cyril that looks a little bit wet did you do the hole field or just the headland

Ahw we cleaned the drain with the digger pulled stuff out onto the field then went over it with tractor that why it looks wet . Field now all plouged now. 

• Like 2