What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Hiya, yes it's the pressed apple. It's damp but doesn't stick in the trailer on on your boots. I think the presses run between 70% and 85% efficiency so I presume that means m/c is between 15% and 30%.... but that is just me guessing. It gets blended with cereal waste, bakery waste and other foodstuffs to make a feed. All done by a feedstuffs expert so it is actually a diet blend. I'm surprised how much goes to AD to be honest but I suppose it is green energy so is as good a place for it as any.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2016 at 1:08 PM, smithy said:

Where my main farm is we have had about 2mm on about 2or 3 times since harvest but that just dry up within a hr within about a mile or so all round me farmers have had 20mm or more on a few occasions as off the land I rent which is about a 25min drive away in a tractor has had some rain but not really enough and I don't think there is any forecast for this coming week    

going by the forecast i just saw you and chris are going to get some proper rain sunday , although i do not always trust the bbc ones now its not the met office 

40 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

going by the forecast i just saw you and chris are going to get some proper rain sunday , although i do not always trust the bbc ones now its not the met office 

Just showers around Sean according to look east forecast. I hope your right though.

Together with my neighbouring farmer (a good mate) we have been looking around local dealers yards for certain pieces of kit so we have on a few times gone further afield to look at dealers yards and to other farmers yards where we have been told about stuff here is some pictures of machines that we are not buying at the moment maybe next year  

20161101_103240.jpg

20161101_103257.jpg

20161101_103315.jpg

20161101_135218.jpg

20161101_135252.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

brocks are still going ?? blimey i remember them , good to see they havnt been swallowed up by some bigger lot 

Big company split into 2or3 separate company's J BROCK & SONS www.jbrockandsons.com . BWT Brocks Wheel &Tyre www.bwt.uk.com  then there is OAKFIELDS www.oakfields-ag.com .They make some machinery as well only open Monday till Friday   

huge step today with the extension, the old stair case came out,and the hole left has been filled with new joists and flooring, plasterboards here for the ceiling, but need to do some socket moves first before that goes up, need to get a move on now as despite all her talk abaout waiting for the january sales, she came back from B&Q today and proundly anounced she has ordered the kitchen, expected delivery is 10th of december, so need to get a plasterer in quick for the 3 walls and 2 ceilings in that room, plus get the lights sorted, nothing like a dead line i guess .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, simong said:

Where was that Dexta for sale at Steven.

Cant tell you exact place at moment my mate got one of the chaps business cards so can find out later on but phone no is on the tractor it was somewhere on a back road between WISBEACH and HOLBEACH  I will see my mate in next few days and get the address and come back to you   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chris.watson said:

We had 4 mm smithy, woopy doopy . Things look terrible around here aswell mate.

WOOPY DOOPY here to Chris I checked the rain gauge and it was between the 3mm and 4 mm marks , not seen forecast but been told there is some more on the way tomorrow  

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

huge step today with the extension, the old stair case came out,and the hole left has been filled with new joists and flooring, plasterboards here for the ceiling, but need to do some socket moves first before that goes up, need to get a move on now as despite all her talk abaout waiting for the january sales, she came back from B&Q today and proundly anounced she has ordered the kitchen, expected delivery is 10th of december, so need to get a plasterer in quick for the 3 walls and 2 ceilings in that room, plus get the lights sorted, nothing like a dead line i guess .

Well done Sean clad to see she is keeping you busy

10 hours ago, smithy said:

WOOPY DOOPY here to Chris I checked the rain gauge and it was between the 3mm and 4 mm marks , not seen forecast but been told there is some more on the way tomorrow  

saw that friday night, looked a bit like a storm , high winds etc, but it was the bbc, as accurate as donald trump :rolleyes:;D;D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

saw that friday night, looked a bit like a storm , high winds etc, but it was the bbc, as accurate as donald trump :rolleyes:;D;D

Wind has picked up a bit but not that strong this morning was really sunny and warm I was loading up some wheat onto a couple of trailers , turned bit dull pm with a tiny bit of rain about 2ish but dry now but bit cold like you said bbc and Donald duck a good pairing