John Deere 2264 Hillmaster

Pingu

On my travels i spotted this thing the only JQ combine in the area wonder if theres a reason for that  :D :D  Carting from it was a JD 7720 and 6820 both on '55' plates. Sorry no closeups but i couldnt get to close as i was trespassing as it is and had both drivers pointing at me then one picked up his mobile and started dialing so i'd thought i'd play safe and leave :-\ :-\ :D :D

post-132-13263853488_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638534924_thumb.jpg

On my travels i spotted this thing the only JQ combine in the area wonder if theres a reason for that  :D :D  Carting from it was a JD 7720 and 6820 both on '55' plates. Sorry no closeups but i couldnt get to close as i was trespassing as it is and had both drivers pointing at me then one picked up his mobile and started dialing so i'd thought i'd play safe and leave :-\ :-\ :D :D

just do what i do,and give them the bird that the pics then run,they should be proud you want to picture a jq anyway  :D :D

They were phoning the sea life centre....... "there's a penguin in our field"  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wher e me father in law works they had one only done 2 seasons from new ,worst combine they ever had, since a MF34 that went up in smoke only 3 days into its first harvest

:D :D :D  dont have best luck with combines then but for a 2264 and only on 15-18ft header  :-\

i sometimes worry when taking pics, i personally dont see whats wrong with it but maybe they have had probs recently with stolen machinery and think you looked dodgy ::)

Most farmers are not keen on people hanging around there farm for many reason's.

As I've said to NH2 a few times before you should make yourself known to the farmer at a time when he's not flat out combining or what ever then when you are out walking with the camera and see his combine runing he will know that you are just a young lad keen on farming and want stress or wonder what your doing in his trees.

You will also not need to take off when he gets to the headland.

If time is on the farmers side and you ask nicely he may even be happy to let you do a round or two with him,which would make any ones day.

I have had people in the past taking pictures/asking for rides of me working and I have of others working,You may be suprised what a tractor driver will say if you ask him for a ride up and back at a time that is ok for him.

Now that local farmers over the years know that I love farming and some times like to just sit on the hood of my ute and watch they often will slow down on the head land and push the door open for me to come over for a ride and a chat a few time's I've been offered jobs (mx 285 6920 TM 165 etc)because over time they have found I mean them zero harm unlike some of the other youth that get up to no good at night on the back roads taking tools and the likes. :)

Most farmers are not keen on people hanging around there farm for many reason's.

As I've said to NH2 a few times before you should make yourself known to the farmer at a time when he's not flat out combining or what ever then when you are out walking with the camera and see his combine runing he will know that you are just a young lad keen on farming and want stress or wonder what your doing in his trees.

You will also not need to take off when he gets to the headland.

If time is on the farmers side and you ask nicely he may even be happy to let you do a round or two with him,which would make any ones day.

I have had people in the past taking pictures/asking for rides of me working and I have of others working,You may be suprised what a tractor driver will say if you ask him for a ride up and back at a time that is ok for him.

Now that local farmers over the years know that I love farming and some times like to just sit on the hood of my ute and watch they often will slow down on the head land and push the door open for me to come over for a ride and a chat a few time's I've been offered jobs (mx 285 6920 TM 165 etc)because over time they have found I mean them zero harm unlike some of the other youth that get up to no good at night on the back roads taking tools and the likes. :)

I didnt move when he was at the headland etc and drove past me 3 times in the tractor when they were both pointing at me and talking on there CB's and within seconds of that he was dialing on his mobile so i felt it was better to leave as they gave me quite a few looks when the corn carters went past me so i thought it best to leave as they didnt look happy. Most farmers round here know that i'm just interested in machinery and not doing anything else so just carry on but this one was always watching me etc so i just went and found the lexion in the end and they said hello all norm stuff (they dont know who i am the fact im working for them as never seen me before)

Ol, i appreciate what you say, but it isn't always possible to actually speak to the farmer (or they don't want to stop) which is fair enough, if I don't know them I stick to public areas (taking it from the gate, the road etc.) If they asked me not to, I would move on (depending upon how they asked) . But I think if you work in view of the public, then really farmers should learn to live with it....but knowing them would get you better shots :)

a lot of the older farmers down here are fine with pic takeing,the 2 one those countys,well the one on the baler,stopped and told me the best way round to get better pics,i have on several occasions just stopped in a feild entrance in the van and got out ,and had several good conversations with the old boys,one even had a cuppa with me from the back of the van however  i do tend to find that contractors are a deff no no though,they just want to get done and move on, if you get even close to the fields they are honking the horns and shouting to get out of the gate way ect,so thay get over the hedge pics ect

far moer fun to stop and chat though

a lot of the older farmers down here are fine with pic takeing,the 2 one those countys,well the one on the baler,stopped and told me the best way round to get better pics,i have on several occasions just stopped in a feild entrance in the van and got out ,and had several good conversations with the old boys,one even had a cuppa with me from the back of the van however  i do tend to find that contractors are a deff no no though,they just want to get done and move on, if you get even close to the fields they are honking the horns and shouting to get out of the gate way ect,so thay get over the hedge pics ect

far moer fun to stop and chat though

Should come up near reading mate as my boss is a contractor and always happy to see person watching as long as you dont get in the way  :D

The only old boys round here look at me and tell me get out of the way  :'( :'( :'(  but the people in 20-40's ish will always say hello etc, sad really as i want to go into industry and thats the response i get sometimes :'(