ford blue?

Tractorman810

Question

25 answers to this question

There never used to be any that are right 8 yrs ago which is why I produce the proper stuff in 12ml tinlets. ?1.40 + ?1.50 p&p.Nigel @ SCALEdown. Ford Carribean Blue was nearly right for Super Majors etc, but noticeably wrong when next to the proper Fordson Empire Blue. FORD Tractor Blue for 1000 series up to 2000 when Ford tractor NEW BLUE came in (brighter) first used on the 70A series (8670A etc) ' hope that's useful.

apart from dealer paint ,whats the best blue from halfords to do a ford in??

nearest nh dealer is a good drive away so halford get my dosh this time round

That is scary, I was going to post exactly the same question yesterday.....something about Rover Tahiti blue being the closest but too vibrant was what I found, which is a pain...guessing your ford project is going well :)

That is scary, I was going to post exactly the same question yesterday.....something about Rover Tahiti blue being the closest but too vibrant was what I found, which is a pain...guessing your ford project is going well :)

i tried looking for that the other day in my local halfords and they didnt have any :(, is it an old colour range?, wasnt anyone to ask as usual as they were probably all out back smoking ::)

Haven't had any in our Hastings or Bexhill stores for over 6 months now  ??? and of course none of the staff ever have any answers apart from ................ dunno  ;)

I did email halfords a while back I'll try and find their response  ;)

i tried looking for that the other day in my local halfords and they didnt have any :(, is it an old colour range?, wasnt anyone to ask as usual as they were probably all out back smoking ::)

yeah you can still get thet colour ben,i use it for marstons mate

so its good for the ford 6410 then ?? mmm thought it nwas to dark,

What's the aversion to buying tractor paint..? I'm sure there's a good reason for it, I'm just curious to know as I'm doing a couple. I picked up a couple of tins from the workshop of Ford Blue & ford Grey (white) to spray my models up.... is it particularly difficult to do with proper tractor paint? It certainly doesn't seem to be a cost thing, think they were only 9 quid a tin.... advice...? I'll need to thin it down to get it through the airbrush but I guess thinners or white spirit will do it?

I got mine yesterday... a tin of Y2K onwards ' Millennium Blue', series 40 onwards 'Bianca White' and 10 series 'Ford Grey', about 7 quid each plus the Thatcher.... was easier for me to get it from a dealer, closer than Halfords  ;) Just need that elusive 'Ford Blue' now!  :D

Thanks Sean but don't worry, I'll just drop by one of the other 2 dealers within 20 miles of home [i'm spoilt for choice  ;)] and grab one from there, thanks for the kind offer though mate but you stay wrapped up in the warm  ;);D