Simba Solo 600-Work in progress

I got round to thinking earlier that the Britains Simba Solo 330 isn't really big enough for the bigger tractors some of us have in our collections now so i thought i'd have a go at making a 660, 6.6 m wide one. Only started it this lunchtime and would like some feedback from you guys on here and any suggestions about the work so far, plus my Dremel is a bit on the hot side at the minute and needs to cool down  ::):D :D

post-334-132638538418_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638538422_thumb.jpg

cheers, not too worried about the subsoiler legs and rear discs, its the fact the whole thing should fold up which is going to cause some head scratching i think, unless of course i make it rigid :-\

cheers, not too worried about the subsoiler legs and rear discs, its the fact the whole thing should fold up which is going to cause some head scratching i think, unless of course i make it rigid :-\

A lot of work to make it fold Gav but I'm sure it could be done.

Any pics of the real deal to compare it with??

A lot of work to make it fold Gav but I'm sure it could be done.

Any pics of the real deal to compare it with??

Don't want this too cost the earth to build so if making it fold is going to cost too much in parts it will be a rigid one i think

Only one off the Simba website at the minute, planning a little excursion to the dealers tomorrow to see what i can find there.

Now one of these would look rather nice in front of a 6m Vaderstad......... ::):D :D ;)

Go for folding Gav it would make it more realistic - which way do the biggers ones fold as I've only ever seen 3m versions of it  ;)

They all fold up vertically so theres a bit of working out to do and another set of rams to aquire from somewhere

Just been looking at the 4.5M version, it requires 3 sets of rams but I think you might get away with two which you should have. Make it with two sets of wings, one fore and one aft of the wheels.

I've a few scrap frames at home, I'll have a fiddle around later if I get the chance and see if I can come up with anything for you.

have you seen my 6.6m simba solo, i have posted pics.

I made two frames to hold the discs, tines and packer, it is in the nearly finished stage, but the season came along very quickly. 

I forgot about that, where are the pics sipher??

dan gav, that looks good so far mate, can't see anything wrong with it so far,if anything thats the best simba convo i have seen so far mate

Thanks Sean, glad you think it looks good.

Both the front gangs are now widened, the Dremel finally cooled down enough to cut the other side up, damn it was hot  :o:D :D ;)

Don't want this too cost the earth to build so if making it fold is going to cost too much in parts it will be a rigid one i think

Only one off the Simba website at the minute, planning a little excursion to the dealers tomorrow to see what i can find there.

Tillage 2006 is approaching, might be worth a trip for you ;)