The Bean Harvest......

NewHolland2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb Mart, simply superb :o :o :o

It looks a serious operation with all those harvesters at it. I'm guessing the cabs are very comfortable with the drivers being on 12hr shifts :-\ :-\ ??? ???

Cheers Nath......The viners go 24 hours a day and once one field is finished the viners get a quick clean and re-fuel if needed and then straight onto the next field......

I'll see if the brochures have some pics of the cabs in them...... :);) ;)

nice collection of pics Mart!!, made me late for leaving for duxford but worth it :) :) :)

Cheers Ben...... :);) ;)

I know nothing about these machines except that they are massive. Why do they drop the hydraulics at the back? What's the difference between a FMC and a PMC?

Think company was bought out by an American firm and name changed from FMC to PMC.  Not sure about the hydraulic question, but I think that is their 'relaxed' position - i.e when parked up (all to do with the levelling system)

I must admit, I didn't know beans could be harvested with the pick up header - thought they needed a grain type header with reel.

Great pics Mart!

Joe

I know nothing about these machines except that they are massive. Why do they drop the hydraulics at the back? What's the difference between a FMC and a PMC?

The FMC names was changed to PMC when they were bought by Ploeger I think...... :);) ;)

Not sure on why they drop the hydraulics at the back like that but that's the way they travel on the road too......

Think company was bought out by an American firm and name changed from FMC to PMC.  Not sure about the hydraulic question, but I think that is their 'relaxed' position - i.e when parked up (all to do with the levelling system)

I must admit, I didn't know beans could be harvested with the pick up header - thought they needed a grain type header with reel.

Great pics Mart!

Joe

Cheers mate......They can only be harvested with the pick-up header when the beans have been swathed first......They used to have an FMC viner fitted with the bean harvesting conversion with the reel but they don't seem to use it anymore...... :);) ;)

cor good few good snaps there mart. 8)

Cheers mate...... :);) ;)

Great collection there Mart!

Cheers Jase......I've got some more good ones which I'll get around to posting eventually...... :);) ;)

What, they drive down the road with there backside's like that do they? Must be a strange sight. How far have they travelled to get to this field Mart?

Aye, with the front lifted well up and the backside well down......Is funny to see the 5 of them like that......They travel at least a 20 mile radius during the season but the distance between fields is worked out prior to planting so it's usually within one or two miles from one field to the next...... :);) ;)

fantastic pics mart thanks for those , as for tris saying you for forum contributer of the year ? well looks like you'll be getting another ftf ltd edition tractor through in the post for the second year running !

Cheers mate......That would be a nice surprise...... :);) ;)

Lovely pictures Mart, what an operation, lovely shots, vehicles, and scenery, you'll definately be getting my vote for contibutor of the year, 5AM! I can't function until half 10  :D :D

Absolutely brilliant Mart!!

Cheers mate......I tried to get some good ones with the view in too, it seemed to work...... :);) ;)

Maybe get a ride and get some inside shots, finish the topic off good and proper  :)

I found them again tonight but I didn't have the camera with me......They had 6 viners at it tonight...... :o :o :o

I'll see if I can get a ride the next time I find them...... :);) ;)

nice pics as usual mart, like the water bowser to, back end of an old fire engine, they even seem to have kept the crew area on it

Cheers Sean......Good idea eh...... :);) ;)