Converting wheel sizes

JC

Question

I know we've had this before but I can't for the life of me find the topic....  ???

How would you convert a wheel size, eg; 20.8 R42

Would I be correct to assume it means 20" wide, 8" profile on a 42" rim (giving 58" overall dia)  :-\ ???

So in 1;32 scale this would be .625" wide with a profile of .25" on a 1.3125" rim and an overall dia of 1.8125"  :-\

12 answers to this question

I have...... I've been planning building a particular tractor for at least a year now and all being well I will have time to build myself one before the year is out..... any models with suitable parts best hide themselves now, I've no mercy where that kind of thing is concerned!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I know (well think I know until some smarty pants on here corrects me... Stan  ::))... that a car tyre is... say 265/75 R16

265 is the tread width in mm.... 75 is the aspect ratio of the side wall.. as in 75% of the wheel width... R is the speed rating... 16 is the rim size... if that helps  :-\

I know (well think I know until some smarty pants on here corrects me... Stan  ::))... that a car tyre is... say 265/75 R16

265 is the tread width in mm.... 75 is the aspect ratio of the side wall.. as in 75% of the wheel width... R is the speed rating... 16 is the rim size... if that helps  :-\

LANDY OWNER ;)

Thats what confused me before, that there are two different methods.

Side note, its great that the europeans have to use inchs for their wheels ;D cos the metric system for rims never caught on (ask any '90s jag owner who can't find tyres)

bit small for a scooby mark mate :D :D :D get some proper wheels like our 285 25 19's on the bm mate,

Ore a real landy owner should know that they are 600x16 :P:-*

Surely you mean 7.50x16. Those 6.00x16s always looked puny to me.

Stan  ::)

Smarty pants? Moi?  :o

(wait til he finds out what we're planning to do to him at Spalding! Muhahaha!  :-* )

the metric system for rims never caught on

Anyone like to buy a set of metric Alfa Cloverleaf alloys? They even have a new set of the proper Michelin tyres.