Registration plates

CX820Joe

Question

Since getting the Ploeger from Jason yesterday, just wondering if I should add a number plate - been faffing about with the new mandatory font and made up an appropriate plate for it (and another I thought I might put on one of the Schluters...not the greatest pic - did it with print screen, but what do you reckon?  At the right size and with right transfer paper should look OK?

Joe

post-566-13263854097_thumb.jpg

22 answers to this question

I would say it would look good Joe.......I just do mine with yellow paper and blu-tac and write the plate on with black pen, but I'm no conversionist....... 

Yeah thats what I used to do!  Not very clued up on transfer paper and how to do it with the PC/printer myself to be honest.

Think I got the right letters for Pea country though - FE is Lincoln area isn't it?  Got a Lincs Road Car model bus here somewhere and I think thats got FE in the plate!!

Looks good Joe.  What font did you use, the correct Charles Wright font or one very similiar?

I've been trying to get the Charles Wright font for quite a while but it's about ?30 to buy.  Not found a free down load of it anywhere.

They look great Joe.... what a cracking idea.... why not print them on photo paper... laminate them and then cut them out... they will look like the proper plastic plates then...

You've taught me something as well... I didn't know you had to use a particular font now as well  :-\

They look great Joe.... what a cracking idea.... why not print them on photo paper... laminate them and then cut them out... they will look like the proper plastic plates then...

That would probably be better than transfers to be fair - would give it the proper thickness.

You've taught me something as well... I didn't know you had to use a particular font now as well 

Pity I can't find one for the old style of plates as well though... :(

it isn't the correct font, but a very similar one called 'mandatory'.  I *think* I got it from this site:

http://www.k-type.com/fontmand.html

Hope this helps

Joe

That looks great.  Any idea how you get it to install on the pc for use in Excel/Word etc?  Can down load a zip file but not able to do much with it?  Any help greatfully received!!  :) :)

Right, see if I can remember this right...

If you are on XP you should be able to extract the files from the zip file.  It will then place them in a new folder for you.  Make a note of the new folder name, then you can close the extract program.  Next step is to find the folder where the files have been extracted and open it.  Find the font file (it should be the one with the symbol with two 'T's.  Select this, right click and select 'copy'.  Now go to 'My Computer', then to 'C' and then to 'Windows' and then font.  Click edit on the bar along the top and choose 'paste'  a box should pop up briefly and it will tell you the font has been installed - you should be able to use it in Word/paint then.

Hope this is of use - if you can't extract the files, PM me and I'll email the font over.

Joe

If you are on XP you should be able to extract the files from the zip file.  It will then place them in a new folder for you.  Make a note of the new folder name, then you can close the extract program.  Next step is to find the folder where the files have been extracted and open it.  Find the font file (it should be the one with the symbol with two 'T's.  Select this, right click and select 'copy'.  Now go to 'My Computer', then to 'C' and then to 'Windows' and then font.  Click edit on the bar along the top and choose 'paste'  a box should pop up briefly and it will tell you the font has been installed - you should be able to use it in Word/paint then.

Hope this is of use - if you can't extract the files, PM me and I'll email the font over.

Joe

Thanks Joe.  I'll give it a try.  If I get problems I'll PM you.

Joe

Thanks Joe.  Worked like a dream.  Must remember how to do for next time!  I'll soon have Number Plates on everything.

Thanks Joe.  Worked like a dream.  Must remember how to do for next time!  I'll soon have Number Plates on everything

Glad to be of help!

i reconthe harvester should have a private plate joe seeing as it came from jas it should read

FP06PEA

Here you go - forgot to edge them though - what do think of the second one, trying a sort of optical illusion with that one!!

post-566-13263854113_thumb.jpg