List of all 1/32 Universal Hobbies models 15th July 09

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if the Claas 936 was ever made without the three teir bonnet? ??? ???

They did with the renault.

The Stotz doesn't have the Tier 3 bonnet.

Was a bit bored today so I went into the loft and checked all my UH against the list above.  Was surprised by the number of model variations I have (a variation is the combination of model/reference nimber/packaging).  I have 120 UH model variations now.

One you can add to your list is a Renault Celtis 456 RX Front Weights and Front Mudguards.

The Stotz doesn't have the Tier 3 bonnet.

Was a bit bored today so I went into the loft and checked all my UH against the list above.  Was surprised by the number of model variations I have (a variation is the combination of model/reference nimber/packaging).  I have 120 UH model variations now.

One you can add to your list is a Renault Celtis 456 RX Front Weights and Front Mudguards.

Re. the Stotz - mines got the 3 tier bonnet - if that means it has the extra grill in the side panel?

456 do you have both versions in orange - any chance of a picture?  I know the did the claas in both but I was assured by a dealer they never did the renault 456 with mud guards.

do you have pictures of the Stotz? could you confirm if you haver the L shaped extra grill on the side?

I like to confirm my list with pictures or my own collection as I have hunted for models in the past to find that they were never made and someone had seen a convo.  It would be great if you could confirm the above to find out if I have to hunt for even more!!

Cheers

Re. the Stotz - mines got the 3 tier bonnet - if that means it has the extra grill in the side panel?

I must admit this 3 Tier bonnet terminology confuses me.  Where did the term come from?  On the Renault models they marked some of the boxes with 'New Design' when they brought out the model with the extra grill.  Also some of the models were labelled up as Renault 936RZ-2004.

If by 3 tier bonnet it has the L shaped grill in the side panel then yes my Stotz has one of those.  Apologies for the confusion. 

What I'll do when I get the time is create a list of all the UH models I have and forward it.  It will also ensure I tidy the loft up at the same time!!

I must admit this 3 Tier bonnet terminology confuses me.  Where did the term come from?  On the Renault models they marked some of the boxes with 'New Design' when they brought out the model with the extra grill.  Also some of the models were labelled up as Renault 936RZ-2004.

If by 3 tier bonnet it has the L shaped grill in the side panel then yes my Stotz has one of those.  Apologies for the confusion. 

What I'll do when I get the time is create a list of all the UH models I have and forward it.  It will also ensure I tidy the loft up at the same time!!

3 tier is just the terminology for the engine mods or upgrades all vehicles, cars included had to do to comply with for new emission regs.  The disadvantage of this is the engines runs extremely hot and requires, usually bigger fans and grills etc - this is why you see a lot of cars now coming out with so called new designs and the only real change is the front where you will see a larger grill eg Audi

The engines run hotter to burn as much fuel/waste as energy before it is sent out the exhaust.

3 tier is just the terminology for the engine mods or upgrades all vehicles, cars included had to do to comply with for new emission regs.  The disadvantage of this is the engines runs extremely hot and requires, usually bigger fans and grills etc - this is why you see a lot of cars now coming out with so called new designs and the only real change is the front where you will see a larger grill eg Audi

The engines run hotter to burn as much fuel/waste as energy before it is sent out the exhaust.

the term Tier is used over here

Thanks Ricky.  Had a look at a few maufacturers web sites this am (MF/Claas/Fendt/CNH) and yes they all use the term Tier III.  I hadn't appreciated that Euro III/IV etc Emission Standards didn't apply to tractors.  A Google search shows that there are a different set of emission standards for tractors (The Agricultural or Forestry Tractors (Emission of Gaseous and Particulate Pollutants)(Amendment) Regulations 2006 being the latest set).  A very interesting and just goes to show you should not assume that European Regulations apply to all things that are similiar!!

• 1 month later...

This is probably a different discussion, but my understanding of the extra cooling requirements is to get the engine to run cooler, reducing the formation of NOx which occurs at the high temperatures and pressures found in diesel engines. Particulate reduction is achieved using higher pressure injection technology and electronic control.

• 4 weeks later...

Can the silage trailer be added?

I've added it - thanks for the reminder - do you know much about the 1/16 as I don't collect it so only update when people say?

can anyone offer more info on the silage trailer - make etc?

Im going to do the list properly one day with all the box number etc  ;)