At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But havn't you been told to park a vehicle with all the Rams closed up to protect them from rust and dings  :o - What is the world coming to.... GO TO YOUR ROOM YOUNG MAN  >:(:D :D :D;)

JCB rams don't rust like the 'old' MF (or MH) rams you remember  ;D

:D :D :D

Nice bit of overkill there Mart  :D :D

Good ain't it Colm...... :D :D ;)

Oooooo Mart... you lucky lucky young man...

Now I demand loads of pics..,... driving impressions..... etc. before I go any greener than I already am  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Don't worry Marky......Once I get let loose on it on my own in two weeks time I'll have plenty time for pics etc......I'm going to try and persuade the boss to let me do a few late shifts into the dark once we get ploughing so I can potter around with all my lights on too...... :P :P ;)

what plate is it on mart

It's on a 55 Plate Peter but was right at the end of the 55 plate designation so was only a year old about a month back...... :)

Before that he had a 53 plate 6465 but moved up to the 6475 with Dyna 6 as he got a good deal on it from Alan Mackay's...... :);)

We were busy as usual this weekend......We've now had another three calves born inlcuding twins......One of the twins isn't getting as much milk from the mother at present so we are currently bottle-feeding it also......

We've now separated out all the young heifers from the young bulls and they are occupying two of the larger pens at the other farm......

The new race is coming along with all the poles to hang the gates on successfully concreted in and a new strainer for another gate on one of the tracks put in......

The plan for the near future is to put in some more new strainers for new gates to be hung and also to shift a whole pile of old strainers from the other farm away to a lad who uses them for fire wood (a fine job for me and the 3095  :P)......

The hired dung spreader arrived yesterday but I've no idea if the boss did any spreading today......

I think that's it for just now......Plenty going on and not enough time to do it sums it all up nicely...... :D;)

are you using old telephone poles /leccy poles for the main stuff mart,most of the local farmwers down this way do, always asked where do i buy them from

Aye for the strainers for the new gates Sean......We're using metal custom made ones for the cattle race though......

We've got quite a supply of Leccy poles at two of the farms......A pile at each farm just in the corner out of the road......I've no idea where he gets them from to be honest......

• 2 weeks later...

Well everything was going to plan at the start of the week - the boss was due in hospital on Wednesday so I would check the cows after school each night and then do the full 2 days at the weekend as usual......

I went up after school on the Wednesday checked everything was ok and then was just putting the keys to my ride - the Navara pick-up in the door when he turned up......The operation has been delayed so everything is up in the air at the mo so just the usual working weekend just now......

The ploughing is getting on now that he's got more time to do it and we'll no doubt do more at the weekend......More of the cows have calved so we've a plethora of new life dotted around the farm...... :) :) :);)