At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

The bruiser is loaded either by the Merlo or directly from the grain bins by the overhead pipes depnding on how we do it on the day......The barley is then mixed with some stock cake additive as bought from East Coast Viners Animal Nutrition......

The mix then comes out the auger at the rear of the machine (picture 1) and onto the elevator (picture 2)

post-32-132638699494_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The elevator carries the mix along above a set of 4 bins and a metal plate is used to direct the mix into which ever bin is being filled......

Picture 1 shows the stretch of the conveyor and picture two shows the bins where we just wheel the barrow underneath and slide the lid open to let the mix drop out for feeding to the beasts...... :) :)

post-32-132638699497_thumb.jpg

post-32-1326386995_thumb.jpg

im remember doing that at ours  :) we had an old newholland clason trailed mill and we loaded it by shovel ::) and we then loaded it in to the bin on the front of the matbro by the augar  :) used to have rides in the bin on the matbro going to feed the cows with my auntie  :) used to shovel it out too  :) ooo he memories  :D:)

how olds that mill then mart  :-\ doesnt look old  :)

Your right Mart, definately a far different method compared to how we do it! Ours is more, contractors in, rush, rush, rush, do it all, and gone. Whilst yours is done as and when you need it. Wonder what the difference is between clamped crimped with additive and your method?

Nice pictures though!

im remember doing that at ours  :) we had an old newholland clason trailed mill and we loaded it by shovel ::) and we then loaded it in to the bin on the front of the matbro by the augar  :) used to have rides in the bin on the matbro going to feed the cows with my auntie  :) used to shovel it out too  :) ooo he memories  :D:)

how olds that mill then mart  :-\ doesnt look old  :)

The Superior Bruiser is pretty new......Not sure on the exact date we bought it but it's been there for at least 2-3 years...... :)

Your right Mart, definately a far different method compared to how we do it! Ours is more, contractors in, rush, rush, rush, do it all, and gone. Whilst yours is done as and when you need it. Wonder what the difference is between clamped crimped with additive and your method?

Nice pictures though!

Thanks Luke......Would be interesting to compare samples of each method right enough...... :)

That old girl is crying out to be restored Martin.

We've got the grill and doors for her in the big shed but we just have them kept off for handiness......Apart from that she's in pretty good nick and gets regular oil, water etc checks......Will get some better pictures of her soon Bill...... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

missed this topic for a while now, great to see your still enjoying it mart, and that boss of yours has some impressive kit to mate, gald to see your learning with quallity kit mate

It's certainly increased my liking of Massey's Sean...... :)

There's still a few wee odd collectibles that I've not photographed yet...... ;)

I'd love to spend a week at your place mate...

By the way.... any update on little regan... you fitted those lamps yet Mart ???

You'd be in your element up here mate......Between tractors, combines and implements...... ;)

Lamps still not fitted  ::) ......I'm actually about to buy myself a VW Golf but once I've bought that I'm thinking of getting her a set of new tyres, getting her inside and looking after her properly...... :);)