tractors, machinery & trucks on my journeys

MJB1

thanks bill

ah i think know about were you took the vid  :)  ah youve been to a few places then  :)  where in llandovery did you tipp ? as i know quite a few farms there  ;)  mind you alot of them are family  :D :D

havent's a clue mate , i read the ticket , punch it into the sat nav & follow best i can , i'm not a regular around those parts  :-\

ooooo your taking a chance following the sat navv :D :D  theres been a lot of units getting stuck round this way lately due to tom toms and the like  :D

it's not too bad rich , i use my sat nav more for timing really, some tickets ask for ETA or state ring before delivery so it's a handy tool for those reasons , although , my navagators atlas does most of the work & is well thumbed !

most farms i get to with no problem , if i can get to the area , i phone the farmer for directions in , unlike a few drivers who follow the sat nav every step of the way & end up where they shouldn't ought to be  :-\  i,m getting to know my vague way about to our farms pretty well so i think i'm doing alright . but it can be awkward when you ask for directions  to be asked where are you now driver ,to look at the sign of a place thats spelt with ten letters using no vowles  ::)

had an easy day on saturday , 3 drops at two farms ,i could almost reverse out of one farmers yard & straight into the others ! over at Llanpumpsaint ,

when you going to get me up at your place for a delivery then ?

getting quite a bit of work over the bridge , of which another feed delivery firm driver told one of our drivers , hello mate hows it going ? good is it ? well good for you cos MVF are stirring the welsh mills right up , matter of fact you lot are bloody hated over yur you are  :-[  to then follow up with , hey look drive if they ever open a mill here put in a word for me as our company's crap to work for  :D :D

well considering we're suposedly hated , we get an awfull lot of other firms waving at us  :D  but then tanker drivers wave at each other all the time  as do bulk drivers,  drivers are a strange bunch at times  :-\ :D :D

ohh lets see what we got here ..................

me mud plugging on a farm in monmouthshire ............ sometimes i wish i was still on milk collection........... nice clean concrete  ::)  :D

nov095Small.jpg

being loaded with hi-pro soya at solent stevedores shed southampton docks VOLVO L120E

nov093Small.jpg

nov094Small.jpg

NH FX28 fitted with claas disco 8700c mowers

nov09Small.jpg

nov092Small.jpg

nice 7740 SLE 2wd on a kidd feed box

nov096Small.jpg

ohh lets see what we got here ..................

me mud plugging on a farm in monmouthshire ............ sometimes i wish i was still on milk collection........... nice clean concrete  ::)  :D

nov095Small.jpg

Time to get the powerwasher looked out me thinks Marcus or have you someone in the yard that does that ??? ???

get someone to wash someone elses lorry  :D  some drivers struggle to wash their own bill ! no i wash mine when i can , trouble is we have 10 lorries in our yard & it's a free for all to get to the power washer sometimes , not helped by the fact the diesel tanks are situated right next to the wash bay , to get a half decent wash on my truck in this state takes up to an hour & a half  but just road film it's a bit quicker

intresting pictures, on that nh forager, do they use it to cut the grass, then refit the pick up to get it in?? or is it just cutter power only? never seen it cut like that on front of a forager  only tractor mounted ones

we have 2 of them sean, 840 jag and 850 jag, both a mowers year around, take a cople of days to change over, a proper team of claas mechanics say they can do a full change in 3 hrs, thats using 6 guys..... not worth it...

There are loads of foragers hooked up to mowers. An old forager may have a worn out chopping mechanism but they've often got a pretty good engine in them that gets otherwise wasted. Looks like the NH has its chute so maybe they cut their own in one hit before turning it over to it's grass kit to pick it up or maybe it's a back up machine.

you have to change abit of pipe work around and remove all the cutting drum and change the lift rams and a computer. all fiddly stuff, both our mowers still have there chutes on, dont know why, ill find the pics i have of both ours side by side

get someone to wash someone elses lorry  :D  some drivers struggle to wash their own bill ! no i wash mine when i can , trouble is we have 10 lorries in our yard & it's a free for all to get to the power washer sometimes , not helped by the fact the diesel tanks are situated right next to the wash bay , to get a half decent wash on my truck in this state takes up to an hour & a half  but just road film it's a bit quicker

Yes there are some drivers who take pride in their motors and some don't really care about them Marcus. There was a haulage company in Aberdeen (Sandy Bruce Trucking Limited) and they had a yard foreman who washed lorries when not busy. In addition they had one of those drive through lorry washes for their curtainsiders. Sadly that is another Aberdeen haulier that went to the wall some time ago.

:D 

it's not too bad rich , i use my sat nav more for timing really, some tickets ask for ETA or state ring before delivery so it's a handy tool for those reasons , although , my navagators atlas does most of the work & is well thumbed !

most farms i get to with no problem , if i can get to the area , i phone the farmer for directions in , unlike a few drivers who follow the sat nav every step of the way & end up where they shouldn't ought to be  :-\  i,m getting to know my vague way about to our farms pretty well so i think i'm doing alright . but it can be awkward when you ask for directions  to be asked where are you now driver ,to look at the sign of a place thats spelt with ten letters using no vowles  ::)

had an easy day on saturday , 3 drops at two farms ,i could almost reverse out of one farmers yard & straight into the others ! over at Llanpumpsaint ,

when you going to get me up at your place for a delivery then ?

getting quite a bit of work over the bridge , of which another feed delivery firm driver told one of our drivers , hello mate hows it going ? good is it ? well good for you cos MVF are stirring the welsh mills right up , matter of fact you lot are bloody hated over yur you are  :-[  to then follow up with , hey look drive if they ever open a mill here put in a word for me as our company's crap to work for  :D :D

well considering we're suposedly hated , we get an awfull lot of other firms waving at us  :D  but then tanker drivers wave at each other all the time  as do bulk drivers,  drivers are a strange bunch at times  :-\ :D :D

ahhhh llanpumpsaint just outside carmarthen  :)  my best mate in coll has a farm there  ;)  aye its a tight old place  :D , ahh dunno will have to have a chat with my uncle about the delivery  :D  we normally get cake and other feed in ton bags from the farmers cop  :)

8)  great pictures mate

I wash my truck and trailer then i am not busy, same inside cab + vaccumcleaner + all the windows. We have some drivers in the company then you entered the cab you have to use a showel. Sorry not all drivers left your own cab clean then they return it, botles paper spots from soda coffee the overall, in worst case ashtray full