tractors, machinery & trucks on my journeys

MJB1

i saw you skyving marcus haha  :D;)  you were parked up on the road from llandeilo to carmarthen on the bypass in the layby  :)  at about 11.30 on saturday ;)

yes that was me !

pulled in for a 45 min break after a delivery to mr benyon just up the road , trouble is i had an hour's sleep then woke up to find i hadn't turned the tacho to rest mode ,so had to stay there another 45 mins  >:(::)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

been out & about as usual , but not been posting  :(

first off a handy little DB990 although little used nowadays

Image0680Small.jpg

grubby looking 7610,  a hosepipe wouldn't go amis

1712101Small.jpg

cant remember if i've posted this tractor before but it's worth a second apearance , a very tidy 956XL

Image0670Small.jpg

well worn & singed for 4600

1320111Small.jpg

another of Barbers farms 135 scraper tractors , number 2 i suspect  ;D

132011Small.jpg

another nice find , this is the second 20D i have found on scraper duties

171210Small.jpg

nice 565 still working

2812103Small.jpg

along with a very very tidy 675

281210Small.jpg

not many about but some still get spotted , a 399

25211Small.jpg

now the next tractor  really did take my eye as soon as i saw the number plate.

It's an E registered LP cabbed Ford 7610 4wd which i used to drive back in 1987 i was 17 !

When i had it it only had 150 hours on the clock & i used a ransomes TSR 4 furrow reversable on it as well as a cheap nasty 2 metre combination drill.

When the farmer died in 89 it was sold to someone near beaminster , turns out it went to the Westbay area on boat duty & was there till 4 weeks ago !

A loader has been added  as as another 5000 hours , but considering it's age & sea water , it's very tidy. farmer currently runs a 6610 on a slurry pump , but wants something with a bit more puff so thats where the 76 is headed

never thought i'd see this again , if it wasn't for a keen rep trying to clear old stock i'd never of had this Bl00dY tractor , i'd of had a brand new 7610 SQ  >:(

myoldbus5Small.jpg

myoldbus4Small.jpg

SMashing update Marcus... how lovely to find your old drive from all those years ago hey mate  :of ... some nice MF's there too.. I'll take the 20D please  :P

thanks mark , now i've found 2 we can have one each ! ;D

More great pictures, keep them coming.

That 7610LP must have been hanging around for a long time if it was on an E plate. It is very tidy but does have the usual faded upper dash in the cab.

jim was in the process of ordering a new 7610 SQ , but then this came up at a ridiculous price , so it came to me at moolham farm , although i didn't stay for too long as the boss was a bit unpredictable & was a little too fond of a wee dram or two !

The dash cowling was green back then in 87 ! & was an unusual order to be spec'd with the LP roof & front wheel tyre configuration to be paired with the rears , apparently the usual was to have a smaller wheel & bigger tyre on the front of these tractors

• 1 month later...

um ?  a mk1 landy under restoration  ???

264111Small.jpg

very very tidy albeit touched up with a paintbrush  7810

26411Small.jpg

not quite so tidy but still refusing to die a 390 , farmers said it's the most reliable tractor he's ever had , & hasn't put a spanner near it  ???  hmmmm..................so it would seem  ;D ;D

39028411Small.jpg

Yes Rob but that 7810 looks great 8)

yes bill, thats a good one :)

marvelous what filler & a paint pot of ford tractor blue & grey make it look in the distance isnt it , i too thought it was a stunner , but on closer inspection she'd been patched up & painted more than you'd think , all the same she's scrubbed up well & should keep going for a few more years yet ! credit to it's owner me thinks

• 4 weeks later...

fish

Picture048Small.jpg

german built non starter AGRIA 4800

Picture060Small.jpg

an all time favourite & rare as hens teeth now GRASSHOPPER mower  :) :) :) 

Picture057Small.jpg

another all time favourite of mine a tidy genuine CASE-INTERNATIONAL 1594

Picture049Small.jpg

good old bus, JD 3120

Picture056Small.jpg

& its younger sibling 3050

Picture050Small-2.jpg

from memory some of the last 500's of the run at coventry were two tone two door cabs mate, have a feeling a few got built in france to, sure marky will confirm mind, some nice pics there i must say, but never heard of a grasshopper mower before,

I'' have to give you some business cards to hand out at these Massey loving farms!  :laugh: :laugh:

what, dont sell them to that nasty man Mr howard as he'll take you away & cut your cabs off  :'( ;D ;D

from memory some of the last 500's of the run at coventry were two tone two door cabs mate, have a feeling a few got built in france to, sure marky will confirm mind, some nice pictures there i must say, but never heard of a grasshopper mower before,

damn good mowers sean, took a bit to get them going but once you got up tp PTO speed , it really swallowed the acres , the tarrup 309 we had just couldn't live with it ,the grasshopper was very fast & the compared to the tarrup was easier on fuel as well

What age is the door door, two step, two tone Massey? I'm just wondering when the two doors with sliding window was introduced.

Grasshopper mowers, great piece of kit, go as fast as you can, would leave a Tarrup 307 standing as MJB states but you always had a small tuft of grass between the two drums. Didn't the company evolve into K-Two sales?