tractors, machinery & trucks on my journeys

MJB1

• 3 months later...

ooof been a while but have snapped a few tractors of interest to post here !

just to indulge the lorry fans first

pic 1, my MVF volvo , with one of MVF's new scania's

pic 2, very battle scarred DB1690 on a feed wagon in wales

yeah mannsell's got some nice motors there rich , espesially some older F10's/12's but he's also got a fair amount of scrap still running , see a lot of well worn tippers not working much further than crymch ? as he cant garantee their reliability further than 5 miles from the yard  :D :D

& yes that probably was me at st clears , do a few regular runs up to fishguard, cardigan & haverfordwest  as well as the ones around tenby & camarthen

Good pics Marcus. Keep taking your camera :)

Looks like the starter been robbed off the 1120. Early 4wd 2030 there - mechanical? can't quite make out  :-\

thanks mark ,  i noticed & asked about that as well , but has gotten a bit stiff so is in the workshop maybe repareable , may need a new one , just after i took the pics , the coolant was drained from the blocks , & was ready to refill later the afternoon .

the 2030 is a mechanical driven one , funny looking little tractor with a short snubby bonnet & large opu cab  :)

farmer also has a 784 ih & a  JD 6320 & a valtra with loader

next up an absolute corker , a very clean & tidy D reg MF 699 8000hrs ,with no rust. new to a pig farm nr Glastonbury

hubba hubba... what a stunner mate... she's in tip top condition... I wonder how long it will last now on a pig farm mind you  :'(

Tell them if they don't look after her the Massey Massive will have to confiscate it  ;D

yeah mannsell's got some nice motors there rich , espesially some older F10's/12's but he's also got a fair amount of scrap still running , see a lot of well worn tippers not working much further than crymch ? as he cant garantee their reliability further than 5 miles from the yard  :D :D

& yes that probably was me at st clears , do a few regular runs up to fishguard, cardigan & haverfordwest  as well as the ones around tenby & camarthen

ye hes got a few old rigs there  :D when you start work there you start at the bottom with the f's and work up to the fh's  ;) when my uncle started there he had an f10 for the first 3 months then a f12 up until about 10 months and then had an 97 fh12 380  :D normally it takes about 3-4 + years to get an fh and he got it in under a year  ;D he was offered a 2-3 yr old fh 420 but he turned it down and kept the 380 as he said it was a tidy tool and enough for him to work with  :)

his main yard s  in llanfyrnach by crymych  ;)  but his second yard is by johnstown just as you come out of carmarthen going towards st clears , its on your left just after the first bridge coming out of carmarthen  :) he keeps e few there but its mostly ones that need maintenace  :)

hubba hubba... what a stunner mate... she's in tip top condition... I wonder how long it will last now on a pig farm mind you  :'(

Tell them if they don't look after her the Massey Massive will have to confiscate it  ;D

oi ours was new on  a pig farm ,and went in as good a nick when sold mate,as did all the kit

some nice stuff there i must say marcus, looks like your travels have some benifits eh

Just been through this whole toppic Marcus and it is Great!!!

Loving all the mixture of machines, all have their own story and use.

I was kind of hoping that Marky had bought rescued that big old V8 massey combine and it was now Hobby Harvesting in the Eastern counties somewhere.....

Will be following this more with interest  ;D;)

oi ours was new on  a pig farm ,and went in as good a nick when sold mate,as did all the kit

some nice stuff there i must say marcus, looks like your travels have some benifits eh

i did have a word with him mark , but here's his 698 again sean so good point well made i suppose

i dare say it would mate , matter of fact it would also look nice parked next to my 168 , but i don't think he's going to let this one go in a hurry, the only down side to the 699 is she doesn't like getting up on cold mornings & so it's been fitted with eather start, & just like easy start , she's addicted now :(