Carrot harvesting & cleaning, 21-11-06

Belarusfan

Might interest NH2 as well as others?

JD 6620 with Standen topper (metal flails) & Jones Topmaster (with rubber flails)

dscf4997smallcn1.jpg

Machines Simon self propelled carrot harvester

dscf4982smallhr8.jpg

Cleaning (JD 6?20 and trailer, Miedema LBV120 cleaner, JCB 530 telehandler, JCB Fastrac 3155 with Power Dolly and artic trailer)

dscf4951smallmw9.jpg

More photos on my site, as usual, in due course.

Nice pictures Chris, off to look at the rest now.  :)

Thanks :) I esitimate those will be on there some time in January ::) as I currently have about 600 other collections waiting to go online :D

Very interesting mate......Thanks for posting them...... :)

Do you know who these carrots are being grown for?

Good to see how carrots are harvested elsewhere......Will check out your other pics soon...... :);)

Cheers :)

I was told they were being grown by Wrentham Veg but most machinery had 'TBG' on it, maybe someone knows more? ???

Had a bit of a search and it seems TBG stands for Tompsett Burgess Growers, which has confused me rather as this would be the same sort of company as Wrentham Veg? ??? ??? ???

I was going to say that, i would guess that like a lot of smaller companies they rely on the bigger ones to provide the machines to do the job required as i know TBG are a large concern with one of my mates having done contract work for them in the past. Have you seen their trailed parsnip harvester yet :o :o ???

I was going to say that, i would guess that like a lot of smaller companies they rely on the bigger ones to provide the machines to do the job required as i know TBG are a large concern with one of my mates having done contract work for them in the past. Have you seen their trailed parsnip harvester yet :o :o ???

I haven't so far.. :-[

never heard of wrentham veg i will ask around, i would guess its part of TBG that just trade under that name.

take it you havent come across Bartletts on your travels BF, im always too far to get pics of their gangs :-[

Not yet sadly :( What area should I look in? ???

nice pics there Belarusfan, would like to see some more!

why two toppers though ???

Thanks :) The first one tops down to about 1/2 an inch, and the second one (which uses rubber flails) then takes off the remaining part without damaging the crowns.

Cheers B-F, if you have any more pictures of the bulker and power dolly they might be usefull!  ;D

I will post some more on here tomorrow for you :)

Smashing photos,top work.

One of the best things in life is seeing a team of tractors busy lifting root crops. 8) 8)

You've made my day with that jcb&trailer pic.  :-*

bartletts cover a huge area most of Norfolk alot round Thetford, NW Norfolk, N Suffolk  i heard 7000 acres just look for fastracs with gull trailers have ab on tailboard in the field they are never short of tackle all decent aswell.

that would explain a few of the fastracs i've seen recently that way then :)