Paint colours

JC

Question

As it seems quite a few people are getting into this converting and building lark I thought it might be an idea to have a colour reference topic, maybe it will help a few of us along with getting a close match colour off the shelf for a particular brand.

If you've used a particular "off the shelf" colour to match up to a particular brand and you don't mind sharing it with others then please post it up here.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, weblet375 said:

Yeah that what I used ,but now it's been discontinued. 

got my last one of ebay, there are a good few sellers who will mix what ever colour you ask for, i recently got one to do me a tin of ransomes blue. he asked for the ral code for that, which was available online, but for car colours they just want the colour and car brand its for 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

got my last one of ebay, there are a good few sellers who will mix what ever colour you ask for, i recently got one to do me a tin of ransomes blue. he asked for the ral code for that, which was available online, but for car colours they just want the colour and car brand its for 

If you can find the Pantone code your laughing, I believe there are only 360 odd RAL codes, But there are over 1300 Pantone codes, I only discovered this a few days ago when looking everywhere for a particular shade of yellow, When I keyed in the vehicle name and it searched it came up with the exact colour, and several similar colour shades, one of the exact one was made by Humbrol.

https://icolorpalette.com/blue

Regards

Joe.

Henri 8.jpg

Edited by James Joe Dewar

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

a very very good match for the uh mf red is revel italian gloss red mate,  its no34 in tins or 34134 in aerosol tins, us it all the time for the mf jobs

Cheers bud I'll get myself a tin. Had a number 31 but was just a bit too light, Only need it to tidy up edges and paint over decals 👌

Edited by Anderson Agri

On 12/29/2023 at 12:24 PM, Tractorman810 said:

a very very good match for the uh mf red is revel italian gloss red mate,  its no34 in tins or 34134 in aerosol tins, us it all the time for the mf jobs

I’m after dropping the flippin bonnet off my mf390 and chipping the corner of the paint and snapping the exhaust. Someone in annoying me about a bloody phone and you lapse concentration 🤬

On 2/13/2024 at 11:09 PM, Pete132 said:

I’m after dropping the flippin bonnet off my mf390 and chipping the corner of the paint and snapping the exhaust. Someone in annoying me about a bloody phone and you lapse concentration 🤬

the revel one will touch it in no problem, have a tin as well for the same jobs, but use the aerosols for new stuff like cabs or bonnet conversions.

• Like 1