Tim MIISA/K 2 row sugarbeet harvester

Gav836

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers guys :)

Ab Fab Gav ;). Are you going to put on the rubber skirts in front of the topper and along the side?

Yes, I'll be painting it up then sorting out the skirts on it, probably out of an old inner tube ;)

Yes, I'll be painting it up then sorting out the skirts on it, probably out of an old inner tube ;)

Might I suggest you go for something a bit stiffer, like thin plasticard painted black. You may find that although the inner tube is to scale thickness-wise, it may be too floppy to correctly mimic the heavy rubber skirts on the real thing? Just a thought, you'll have to try it out and see anyway :)

Excellent Gav!!! Really coming together now. I see what you mean about the narrow wheel, what about a britains rear wheel?

I had thought about them Jez, trouble is finding one the same size as a Cougar wheel in diameter, and keeping the cost down of course ;)

Might I suggest you go for something a bit stiffer, like thin plasticard painted black. You may find that although the inner tube is to scale thickness-wise, it may be too floppy to correctly mimic the heavy rubber skirts on the real thing? Just a thought, you'll have to try it out and see anyway :)

I haven't quite decided on that myself yet James, I do have some thin card here as a back up if the tube doesn't go right though ;)

are you going to number them ha ha! how many are you making in total again?

No I don't think I'll be numbering each one or issueing paperwork relating to it. I'm making 25 in this run and there will be another run of 25 in the autumn ;)

very nice gav mate, have just the tractor just finished for that job on the farm to ;)

have you got the decals sorted yet mate??

Cheers Sean. Hope to get some pictures of the decals on my mates one this weekend so I can get them sorted next week all things being well

very impressed gav , you must be well chuffed with how they turned out  :) :)

Cheers Marcus, I'm absolutely thrilled with them, may have to concentrate more on models in the future than farming now, getting a taste for it :D

just got a couple of guards to put on the elevators and the traces to fit now along with pto shafts and hoses and she'll be on her way to ebay :)

post-334-132638599648_thumb.jpg

Well it's about time  :D :D :D :D

What a fine looking model Gav a credit to you  ;):) :)

It's rude to interupt ::):D :D ;)

Thanks Scott, really pleased with it ;D

Excellent looking model  :o

I take it you had no problems with paint this time then ???;)

Thanks, just one little patch but I soon got that sorted :)

I use professional panel wipe now followed by a warm water wash and it seems to cure any problems ;)

Looking awesome that is Gav.....you still got my adress? :P:D;)

Cheers Will

See you should have held off getting a JD model and took the offer up on one of these harvesters........in the autumn when the next batch are done :D :D ;)

Cheers Will

See you should have held off getting a JD model and took the offer up on one of these harvesters........in the autumn when the next batch are done :D :D ;)

Maybe Gavers.....see how good the summer is after a laptop. :);) ;)

Archived