A "new"member of Mattias familly....

Mattias71

My latest purchase, a Fordson Major Diesel from 1952. Founded her on the web and couldnt resit her at all. Need a loving home and some new crank shaft bearings and paintwork... 450 euro....  :D :D

What do you think ??? ???

looks really straight and original  Matty, from the 2nd year of manufacture, before they put the Diesel badge on. Pretty rare and a bargain as it's so original.

My latest purchase, a Fordson Major Diesel from 1952. Founded her on the web and couldnt resit her at all. Need a loving home and some new crank shaft bearings and paintwork... 450 euro....  :D :D

What do you think ??? ???

whats that in pounds ?

looks very well kept  :)

Cheers Nigel, that was one of the reasons to buy the tractor. I have been looking at some others but they wasnt so much original as this one :) :)

Its abut 300 pounds, Marcus  :) :)

bargain ! can do no wrong with that

although it needs new crank bearings , i'm asuming it's a runner ?

Proper job mate, looks pretty tidy in all respects. Hopem you can revive her without too much trouble and she gives you plenty of joy. Keep up with the progress reports on here mate, Marts Topic on his Fergy was a good one, sure this eill be too.  :)

Cheers lads  :) The engine restore will maybe take a little time to do, because i do it myself. But it is a very easy engine to work with and there are plenty of spareparts in Sweden for those tractors, and the best of all, the parts are fairly cheap ;):)

I'm a Fordson owner now!!!  :D :D :D

Marky praise a blue one :o :o :o  :D :D ;) Cheers mates, well, im really pleased whit my purchase, and as you say Sean, it will keep me happy for a very long time! :D

And its nearly the same as my grandfather buyed in 1952?, that was allso one of the reasons for me to buy her, that one was the first one i ever had driven, back in the seventies.

I told him about it today when i went home to Gotland and i saw a tear in the old mans eye. He was so happy about that there was a Major back in the family again, and he started to talk about old memories.

• 2 weeks later...