tyres - inconsistent

ihatepoundland

Why is there such variation in the design of the tread AG tyres on the tractors (not talking about US/UK varitations here)?

Those on the NH TN75DA and the like look accurate, those on the T8040 look too straight and spaced out.

Why do some look spot on when others look like the pattern maker has never seen a tractor tyre?

because they probably haven't. ;):) I suppose it's like any job, how well does one want to do it? But as always the more detail put in the more it's gonna cost, though that's not such a problem when you only pay a machineist a few pence an hour in the far east.

i guess cost has as much to do with it as lack of knowledge, if they can have one tyre that looks right for one tractor but fits another why develope another at extra cost just for looks on a new one??? its wrong i know but they aint going to stop it i recon, only people who sem to try at present are uh  in my eyes, and they aint 100% at it

Interesting post Rob... sort of thing that really peaves me as well mate... such an important part of a model... but it seems to be overlooked so often.... The tyres can "make" a models authenticity in some instances I reckon

Fully agree. I look at a model from the tyres upwards - if they are wrong it spoils the whole thing, like the MF 1505, it could be so good but it looks terrible (in my opinion)...as do conversions that have been monster trucked'

i guess cost has as much to do with it as lack of knowledge, if they can have one tyre that looks right for one tractor but fits another why develope another at extra cost just for looks on a new one??? its wrong i know but they aint going to stop it i recon, only people who sem to try at present are uh  in my eyes, and they aint 100% at it

No doubt that was true with the old britains but the NH TG305 etc was a new tyre, compare it too a TN75 which is also recent and had all new tyres and there is a great difference in detail - ignoring the tread, the sidewalls just look wrong on the TG. I'm no fan of the tread on the UH valtras as I have never seen a tyre with the rim beneath the tread so pronounced (but then i may just be misinformed)