A REAL life Britains "yellow 135 and loader" - well it's really a 2135

Yes they did have yellow wheels Bazza... but I have seen some on Ag wheels in pics before.... I have juts posted an approximate date in the red tractor post... I reckon it would be late 60's possibly very early 70's....

I think the "red giants" were launched in 67... and the square wings were introduced in 68... I THINK.. so I reckon it's aroound that eara Bazza  ;)

I'm sure you did Bazza.... I think at that time you got what you were given on the production line mate... Not sure if the 2135 was made at Bardon Dock Manchester.... or Banner Lane... if it was Banner Lane I  am sure some would have had the wrong colour wheels on them  :-\

I can remember having to change badges on new tractors on PDI.. that had been "fitted in error" and the factory

Thanks for those pic's marky

Its nice to see them ive never realy seen them

in reality so begs the question

was that cab popular in its time and died out due

to the 1971 and 1976 law 

maybee they all had to come off  :-\ and have a

safer even quieter cab

if you look at the 1978 135 (lift off cab type)

the cab looks very similar but like squared off more

if you know what i mean would that cab be an update

by the same company that did the fibreglass ones

I'm sure you did Bazza.... I think at that time you got what you were given on the production line mate... Not sure if the 2135 was made at Bardon Dock Manchester.... or Banner Lane... if it was Banner Lane I  am sure some would have had the wrong colour wheels on them  :-\

I can remember having to change badges on new tractors on PDI.. that had been "fitted in error" and the factory

Massey fitting the wrong parts....surely not!! ;):D :D

Great pics of a classic. The 100 series was out earlier than '67 and those fibreglass cabs had to be pre 1970 and the ROPS laws of that year.

Very true Eurodeere.... the 100 series was first displayed in December in 1964 at the royal smithfield show so my book says  :-[

I would GUESS this must date this tractor to about 65-67 then  :-\ the swept axle round wing was first.... but I THINK I recall the square wing top 135 coming just a year or so later  :-\

Do you use the green book for your infomation ? :)

No... never heard of it to be honest... I have several Massey books... this best source of information is the book by John Farnworth "A world-wide guide to Massey Ferguson 100 and 1000 series tractors 1964-1988" - well worth the twenty odd quid.. and available on ebay... a seller called persileric has them always I believe...

No... never heard of it to be honest... I have several Massey books... this best source of information is the book by John Farnworth "A world-wide guide to Massey Ferguson 100 and 1000 series tractors 1964-1988" - well worth the twenty odd quid.. and available on ebay... a seller called persileric has them always I believe...

I am surprised you haven't heard of the green book  :o It was poss still is a yearly book containing every tractor  and machinery that was made during the year with all the specs and pics.I did have 2 from 77 and 78 but the b$$$$y kids got hold of them :(