It's Ford powered and for drainage

The fields around here were done with one a few years ago, more interestingly the outfit consisted of an articulated **10 series bubble cabbed ford with a side discharge hopper on the rear for the limestone and I'm pretty certain it had AWD.

The fields around here were done with one a few years ago, more interestingly the outfit consisted of an articulated **10 series bubble cabbed ford with a side discharge hopper on the rear for the limestone and I'm pretty certain it had AWD.

The name escapes me just now, but there was one featured in Classic Tractor in the past year - actually the story was about an 1884, but the owner had one of those 8210 based dumpers as well.

I remember seeing one down Civilpek's way in the 90s.

I spent a fair amount of time walking behind a Mastenbroek drainer a few years ago on the farm i used to work on. He bought an older machine and drained the whole 400 acres with it as it worked out cheaper than getting a contractor in. We used to lay the pipe in at anything between 3 feet and 6 feet deep, it was all guided automatically by laser level on the depth side of things, all the boss had to do was steer it. I just walked behind to check the pipe was on the trench bottom and mark where we sliced through old pipes. Happy days, i used to enjoy doing it and listening to that beast of a Deutz air cooled engine purring away ;D

i used to work for a land drainage contractor years ago for a brief while, two Mastenbroeks my job was to run alongside with a Muir Hill and stone cart the machine i worked with was a trenchless machine, stone put into the hopper behind the (Tile) blade as the pipe was laid so correct level of stone on pipe only left a small slit which the machine would reverse over to push back together if you get what i mean.then the field would be Mole ploughed. interesting work but i was glad to get back to farming.

there is still alot of drainage done in the Fens, Gs have loads done when they take on new land

We had some drains done mny years ago with one and I think it used a laser (v. hi-tech at that time) to maintain a level drain bottom. They also  had dump trailers which had side conveyors for placing gravel on pipe.  :)

I dont know if any of you from the Surrey, Sussex or Kent area remember a company called Trenchless Drainage from Goudhurst. They had a slightly different machine,still doing the same job, made by a company called Bruff. I seem to remember this was mounted on a Roadless 115 and it was winched along behind a Ford 5000 with a ground anchor on the back. I remember going out to Godstone to collect the 5000 which had broken in the middle after it was stood on its rear end and dropped sideways when the trencher hit an immovable underground obstruction. Poor 5000, the two halves didn't separate so I chained them together with chain binders and winched it up on to my truck once we had stood it up the right way. Spect Nigel Ford will remember them. The owners name of Paul Restoric comes to mind?????? ::);)