Dutch/levelling Harrow

I've had it suggested to me about making some implements for the older tractors like the 5/7000 being brought out by Britains this year. I quite liked this idea so I've spent the last hour or so making up an old dutch or levelling harrow out of some plastruct and a couple of crumblers off a spare Lemken Gigant i had laying about, it still needs some teeth putting on the bars and a headstock made but let me know what you think of it so far :);)

post-334-132638563152_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638563156_thumb.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea Gav ;) ;)

I can remember many a hot dusty ride in me Dad's 6610 2WD with duals on the rear and Trelleborgs on the front getting the beet land ready ::) ::)::) ::)

Cheers Paul :)

I've covered several acres with one of these as well and would say that they are still a better tool thaan some of the more modern machines out there and very cheap to run.

LOOKS GOOD GAV :) NOT SEEN A REAL ONE O THEM FOR AGES WITH ALL THE NEW FANGLED KIT THEY USE NOWADAYS

Thanks, Its the same about here, next to no one uses them about here either, they just can't cover enough acres in a day :-\

Cheers Paul :)

I've covered several acres with one of these as well and would say that they are still a better tool thaan some of the more modern machines out there and very cheap to run.

Thanks, Its the same about here, next to no one uses them about here either, they just can't cover enough acres in a day :-\

I can remember the three sets of harrows being layed up and the Kongklide Geminator arriving ;) ;) ;)

good idea gav, will need a leveling board across the front maybe ?. i had many a dusty hour on a leyland 384 with cagewheels and a 4 metre cousions dutch harrow.

Thanks, a levelling board will be added, forgot to mention that bit earlier ::):D;)

Brilliant idea Gav and I like the attitude, the oldies need a bit of looking afte too  :)

(All send in a fiver for Marky's nursing home fund please)

I look forward to seeing what else you come up with Gav.  :)

thanks Tris, there's at least 2 more ideas up my sleeve at the minute for the oldies so watch this space ;)

Brilliant idea Gav and I like the attitude, the oldies need a bit of looking afte too  :)

(All send in a fiver for Marky's nursing home fund please)

I look forward to seeing what else you come up with Gav.  :)

A fiver  :o - this is 2007... bettre make that a tenner... especially if I'm going to get skys "red hot" channel in my room  ;D

im making one of those now but without the  drum on the back , the only prob is the the the soilder isnt sticking it together  :'(

thats why i use Plastruct, its much easier and quicker to work with :D;)