Dutch/levelling Harrow

looks absolutely fantastic - we still use one at home - bought it about 10 years ago from a neighbour for ?200  :o still going strong only needs a few bars each year and maybe a new levelling board this year  ;) One thing - rare to see one any greater than 3m over here most are 8 or 9ft  ;)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks absolutely fantastic - we still use one at home - bought it about 10 years ago from a neighbour for ?200  :o still going strong only needs a few bars each year and maybe a new levelling board this year  ;) One thing - rare to see one any greater than 3m over here most are 8 or 9ft  ;)

Thers a few that size here but i do know of one 6m one working behind a Fastrac every spring for sugar beet seed beds. The finished item will be available in a choice of sizes ;):)

yet again someone beets me to it

looking good there

have been thinking of one of those for a long time got the bits but still thinking how to make it fold up.

Not going to be a monster but i think the 4 m ones folded ???

Also like  paul spent many an hour on a 6610 and older with a crumbler on the back before the power harrow arrived and still after

adrian

ps cage wheels slung on the back for transport would also bring back memories

Looking good and I am looking forward to the finished article. A lot of the 12ft and 14ft ones up here had a headstock at one end for transport and a lot of them have a double crumbler roller setup.

Thanks. Would they be Blyth harrows then? I know that they fitted front and rear crumblers to their harrows, may look into the transport set up on these wider ones :);)

Thanks. Would they be Blyth harrows then? I know that they fitted front and rear crumblers to their harrows, may look into the transport set up on these wider ones :);)

They were ALEX HAY levellers(no longer in business) and similar ones by SELLARS. They had both crumbler rollers at the back of the machine. I don't have any pics just now, but will post some if I can find any.

• 1 month later...

I finally got round to doing some more on this today. I have altered the design of it and its had one coat of paint in Cousins colours, just needs a second coat now and a front levelling board fitted. This one is based on a 4m version, let me know what you think :);)

post-334-132638576284_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638576287_thumb.jpg

looking good gav

have you fitted any bars on the underside, as i saw one like that the other day, and they had 4" rods welded on the under side of the frame???? prob 10/15 to each bar

Thanks Sean

I've still got that left to do yet ;):)

very nice gav , the right colour , just put it in the post please ;D ;D ;D

Hope to finish it tomorrow, will just leave the sub soiler then :);)

Looks well built Gav, nice bit of machinery you've made yourself. . .. .an a few others all being well!!  :)

Thanks Tris, hoping to get some more things put on the website soon, not updated it for a while ;)

Very very very nice gav... That looks great for a coat of paint mate  :o

Cheers Marky, bit more than that, I completely rebuilt it by shortening it in length as well, didn't look right before to me. Will give it another coat of paint tomorrow :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well they say that tomorrow never comes ...............................................

any progress gav ?

weeeeeeelllll its had a second coat of paint and its sitting here beside me, thats about as far as its got. Other than the beet harvesterI've done sod all on models in the past few weeks, just not had the enthusiasm with work as well but now thats quietened down again I should be able to get going on them again :);)

Well I don't remember saying I'd lost interest anywhere here myself.....

Anyway got on and got a 3m one done this afternoon, pics below :);)

From the side

P1010008-1.jpg

From above

P1010004-1.jpg

Rear/side view

P1010005-1.jpg

Underside showing tine detail

P1010002-1.jpg

Underside from different angle

P1010014.jpg

Any questions then ask away ;)