Dutch/levelling Harrow

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks fantastic mate did you make the crumbler roller or take it off somthing else ?

Cheers, crumbler comes off the Siku Lemken Gigant, need to find some more now :-\

ah thats more like it gav, very nice work mate, might have to get one of those at some point

Cheers Sean, hope to get back on track with models again now :)

it aint easy when you work to is it mate :D :D

Not easy at all, what was going to be 3 days a week has turned into 5 or 6 so i've had less time than I thought, no bad thing in a way though as I need the money :)

Nice model Gav. The leveller looks the business with the spikes going down through the bars to help break up the soil as it works and the crumbler roller to break down large clods that are left. Real good replica of this implement.   8)

Thanks, my fingers still have glue on them from sticking all of those spikes into the frame, very fiddly with big fingers :-\ :D

The hydraulic folding 6 metre version looks very tidy, do your crumbler rollers rotate too ?? A tip for you with the super glue here. Have you tried Loctites new "Gel Control" super glue. It's thicker and doesn't run like the thin watery normal super glue. Easier to use and less stuck on your fingers too  ;D  Worth a try if you have not tried it yet

The hydraulic folding 6 metre version looks very tidy, do your crumbler rollers rotate too ?? A tip for you with the super glue here. Have you tried Loctites new "Gel Control" super glue. It's thicker and doesn't run like the thin watery normal super glue. Easier to use and less stuck on your fingers too  ;D  Worth a try if you have not tried it yet

I've been using the Loctite gel for several years now, but the special 'Control' dispenser thing it comes in is crap, as well as being expensive. Instead look for the packs with the 3g tubes of both liquid and gel in to give you better flexibility and enable you to use more than half the tube ;)

looks good!, whats the red/black thing in left hand corner :-\ :-\

The hydraulic folding 6 metre version looks very tidy, do your crumbler rollers rotate too ?? A tip for you with the super glue here. Have you tried Loctites new "Gel Control" super glue. It's thicker and doesn't run like the thin watery normal super glue. Easier to use and less stuck on your fingers too   ;D  Worth a try if you have not tried it yet

yeah i've tried it, love the stuff!! ;D ;D ;D

The hydraulic folding 6 metre version looks very tidy, do your crumbler rollers rotate too ?? A tip for you with the super glue here. Have you tried Loctites new "Gel Control" super glue. It's thicker and doesn't run like the thin watery normal super glue. Easier to use and less stuck on your fingers too   ;D  Worth a try if you have not tried it yet

Thanks and yes, the rollers rotate. I don't use super glue too much anymore as it tends to fail after a while and things fall apart as a few of my seeder conversion customers are aware so i tend to use Araldite for most glueing along with Plastic weld/Liquid Poly, super glue only for wires and pipes now. Thanks for the tip though :)

looks good!, whats the red/black thing in left hand corner :-\ :-\

yeah i've tried it, love the stuff!! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Ben. Its a tank elevator off a Tim beet harvester ;)

Biggest problem I had with old type of super glue was it would go solid in the tube or bottle between uses and be wasted. The gel control dispenser is not the greatest designed container but it does the job. It's interesting to hear other members views on the differnt types of glues and what they prefer to use  :)

have only just seen the pics?????? weird wernt there when i posted just now oh well

nice gav, bit big for my farming needs, but a must have bit of kit for these biggger carpet farmers/contractors,

Strange, must be your computer then ???

Thanks Sean, thought I'd give a big one a try just to see what they'd look like. Just need a large classic to try them out on now :)

I've been using the Loctite gel for several years now, but the special 'Control' dispenser thing it comes in is crap, as well as being expensive. Instead look for the packs with the 3g tubes of both liquid and gel in to give you better flexibility and enable you to use more than half the tube ;)

I always use araldite myself, wonderful stuff! 90 second set is great if you are impacient like me! ;D:) :)

Cracking conversion Gav, just need some pipes onto those rams would finish it off I think. :)