At work with Gav

Gav836

That was fairly light land I was on today so I was going at 7-8 kph, will probably be going much slower when I get onto some heavier soil. I don't mind power harrowing, I can think of much worse jobs to do than that

Common practice Murray, encourages plenty of growth when you roll a cereal crop like that, also pushes all the stones in  ;)

ok thanks gav all we do is get it seeded about a day later we come back and pull the cambride rollers over it

That was fairly light land I was on today so I was going at 7-8 kph, will probably be going much slower when I get onto some heavier soil. I don't mind power harrowing, I can think of much worse jobs to do than that

i hate power harrowing! were my dad works they go in the slowest gear you can ::) and the land is that heavey it gets done 2/3 times before the powerharrow drill combie :o i get told off when i "send her on" as they say :'(  were i used to work went too fast in my opinion, didnt give the harrow chance to work

My first job was to take a B reg Ford 7710 on a 20 mile trip to where a potato planting gang were working, they needed the tractor for putting on the trailers and elevator for filling the planters. The other tractor being used for that job was a Case MXM175 Pro which I have now taken over for terra discing and now rotor-ridging in front of the de-stoners (pics of that to come tomorrow, weather permitting)

Image102.jpg

Image096.jpg

It was dry till about 2pm then the heavens opened but we managed to keep going alright, I ended up taking the MXM halfway across Norfolk just after that to the other de-stoning gang, nice long trip at 50kph