At work with Gav

Gav836

Dog looks confortable

But

You took that pic flat out as per the hand throttle tut tut

He won't bite you

Unless you tramp the foot throttle  :D :D :D :D

Remember mine's an autopower Ricky so thats how I run it with the revs set at 1600rpm when the throttle is fully forward, never touch the throttle all day other than when I stop for breaks, automatically closes itself down when there's no load on it ;)

Remember mine's an autopower Ricky so thats how I run it with the revs set at 1600rpm when the throttle is fully forward, never touch the throttle all day other than when I stop for breaks, automatically closes itself down when there's no load on it ;)

You aren't supposed to drive them like that! Thats why brakes etc willy up in them cause people drive em like that. the deeres are most fuel efficient at 1900rpm, yea they alter as to what they know they need, but when coming to stop at headlands you are supposed to clutch as normal not just brake and when braking for junctions etc you are suppoosed to throttle back then pull back the gear lever while braking to give engine braking, , ,  that makes a hell of a difference..

I got a right grilling by our head mechanic before he'd give me the key to our new 69

You aren't supposed to drive them like that! Thats why brakes etc willy up in them cause people drive em like that. the deeres are most fuel efficient at 1900rpm, yea they alter as to what they know they need, but when coming to stop at headlands you are supposed to clutch as normal not just brake and when braking for junctions etc you are suppoosed to throttle back then pull back the gear lever while braking to give engine braking, , ,  that makes a hell of a difference..

I got a right grilling by our head mechanic before he'd give me the key to our new 69

I know all that and do exactly that, always use the clutch as opposed to brakes for stopping etc, pic was taken in middle of field while travelling ;)

Had a Kuhn Multi Master 152 Auto Reset on demo today, done a good job, was damned heavey though and as much as the 6920s wanted to lift. Not had a chance to work out fuel usuage yet as was 6pm when I finished the field :)

3 pics and a video for you :)

Image070.jpg

Image071.jpg

Image072.jpg

th_Video005.jpg

The shovel is still here so may be able to get some clearer pics of that if I can find some batteries ::)

Cheers Tris, its nice to use a plough that isn't twisted and that I can get a level finish with

See Marky you stick with Gav and green & yellow and you could learn alot  ;) ;) :D :D :D

Definately don't want the green and yellow, got the doctor coming out again tomorrow, low transmission oil pressure warnings and grinding brakes on it >:(

Enough niggles for my boss to say he'll never buy another John Deere, both my 6920s and his 6420s have been hell and all trouble, the old 6810 though with 7500hrs on it has only ever had 2 new batteries and routine servicing in 10 years

heavy plough gav ? :D, those kuhn's are great ploughs , but yeah yer right they'm bl00dy heavy the one i used to use was a vari width, auto reset, hi-clearance version, as we used to plough in a lit of kale stalks & grubbed phesant maize, was originally bought as & 5 , but had to take down to a four as the poor old valmet 8100 wouldn't lift it  :D only other plough i'd want would be the rabe with slats  :)

Interesting Gav because I used to plough with one of those and a John Deere 6610.

Had no problem lifting it. Makes a big difference where the toplink is put on the plugh though.

Nice to follow this update mate.

Shame to see the constant Deere bashing though......

I'm afraid the Deere bashing won't change in this topic as nothing I've said about the 3 of ours isn't true unfortunately, mine is sorted again though, seems to be yet another electrical fault this time that caused the problem ::)

We're not actually getting a quote for the Kuhn plough I had on demo, instead the quote will be fot a T-bolt Varimaster slatted/solid board with press arm as we don't need auto reset, should knock about 200kg off the weight too. Slats should improve fuel usuage as well which was rather heavy at around 19.5 litres/Ha

Got a Kv LB85 vari width sitting in the yard waiting for me to try once it dries out enough to get on again ;D

I DON'T THINK YOUR BOSS WILL EVER BUY YOU A NEW PLOUGH GAV , AFTER ALL BY THE TIME YOU'VE DEMONSTRATED ALL THE MAKES THIS YEAR , ALL THE PLOUGHING WILL BE DONE , ALL HE HAS TO DO NEXT YEAR IS ASK FOR THE 2010 MODELS TO BE DEMONSTRATED  :D :D :D

oops sorry about the shouting mate  :-\

Can't afford not to try them mate, prices are between £14k and £22k so its a lot of money to spend on a piece of equipment. Looking to buy the plough for next season anyway as with lead times at the minute its looking like a wait of a few months even if we ordered today