At work with Gav

Gav836

i have seen info saying that jd are behind on engine technology compaired to the likes of nh and mf/fendt and the rest, and may struggle to meet the new emissions rules to, as they went down a different route to the rest and it didnt work, sure jez will tell me if thats wrong, but 5 l average more is a hell of a difference, its great that all have been tested under the same conditions, really shows the differences nicely , but i cant belive it took 10 months to get a demo in, thought you were going for a 7930 to??

No, the dealer is pushing for a 7430 which they don't even keep in the demo fleet or hire fleet normally.......says it all really I think, I'm saying if we must go green go 7530 as I think it will be easier to trade on in a few years time rather than its less common sibling, with a price difference of approx £2500 its not exactly a great deal more for what we'd be spending anyway.

Gav nnonnoooooo wwaaayy could the transmission be set right drinking that amount on a plough, my 6930 would drink less am certain of it,

what tyre pressures u running, level of engine droop? transmission should be set to fully automatic, make sure the spools not pumping? (sori mite sound silly but easy done) she should be sitting in around 1600 revs i'd think in mid pull up the field if she's running right

and also do not believe that screen what it says its drinking, if i am correct, it is also reading what it is pumping through the system inculding what goes back to the tank on the return pipe

as when i work out fuel consumption for our sowing barley, the screen told me i was using 1 amount, but the amount i refilled the tank with at the end of day etc divided by hours etc they didn't match actual consumption was much less

Yes its all set up right Ricky, I spent quite a while playing with it this afternoon trying to get it to read lower by adjusting whatever could be adjusted but it had the opposite effect. And don't you belive that your 6930 would drink less on that plough pulling that press on our land especially trying to match the ploughing speed I like to run at. 5 x 16 inch furrows and a twin row press is a hell of a drag on compacted beet land, when the press is released you can feel the whole tractor pick up, in those conditions its like pulling two more furrows on the plough.

na i dont' mean if u put mine on that it'd drink less

I mean mine is smaller and working smaller plough, yours is bigger but the fuel useage is massive, i just don't get how its getting it so tight, something has to be a miss, I don't recall exact figures but on the 1 pass drill changing 1 setting on the transmission saved me nealy 40pence an acre on fuel

i've it all written down somewhere if i find i'll post up, have you engine revs limiter off or on??

I'm with gav ricky when were ploughing with our 6 furrows its NEVER under 36l/hr and thats set-up right and at about 7k most the time.  They are horrendous on diesel every demo we had was miles lower a good 5l/hr lower!

The New Holland is my favourite, everything just felt "right" when I was in it, not had that same feeling with any of the others really.

if it's a t7000 auto command then i would agree with you completely, drove a t7070 pulling 8 furrows, 3 on the front 5 on the back and it was an absoloute beauty, my mate is either buying one of those or a jd 78-7930 :)

if it's a t7000 auto command then i would agree with you completely, drove a t7070 pulling 8 furrows, 3 on the front 5 on the back and it was an absoloute beauty, my mate is either buying one of those or a jd 78-7930 :)

It was a T7030 Auto Command, there's some pictures in this topic from around last April/May time of it. Was that the Dowdeswell set up they had a Lamma you had a go with?

Definately no Deutz Simon, just no demand for them round here, other than one farm and a sanitation firm I know of no one else locally with them.

It was a T7030 Auto Command, there's some pictures in this topic from around last April/May time of it. Was that the Dowdeswell set up they had a Lamma you had a go with?

Definately no Deutz Simon, just no demand for them round here, other than one farm and a sanitation firm I know of no one else locally with them.

nahh the one i had a go with had overums on the front and back. are you gavin haverson on facebook ? if so then i saw the pic of the nh when it was your profile picture, i saw it as i was looking through someones friends list :)