At work with Gav

Gav836

Now that my little teaser is done with, I'll post the pics from today ::);D Been washing down and going over the grass kit ready for this season. First up is the Lely Splendimo 2.8m mower conditioner :)

Photo-0049_003.jpg

Photo-0050_004.jpg

Lely Hibiscus 461 single rotor rake

Photo-0052_006.jpg

Lely Lotus 600 + AWS tedder

Photo-0053_007.jpg

Photo-0054_008.jpg

So you're going to be doing a little grass then.......... :D :D

Yeah just the odd few thousand bales here and there ::):D :D Little grass being appropriate words at the minute though because if we don't soon get some rain there won't be much to cut :-\

Same here Gav - nothing for around 6 weeks now....grass is holding up so far but I can see a lot of silage being grazed... :(

We have 2 bits of forward grass, both have to be off by mid may for hemp to be planted. We also have spring rape seed in the ground which could be a write off if it doesn't rain soon, barley is coming into ear at barely 15 inches tall so straw is not looking good either at the minute :-\

We have 2 bits of forward grass, both have to be off by mid may for hemp to be planted. We also have spring rape seed in the ground which could be a write off if it doesn't rain soon, barley is coming into ear at barely 15 inches tall so straw is not looking good either at the minute :-\

No rain here for 5/6 weeks now but crops still look okay - can still see the fertilizer on top of the ground when anyone spread after sowing  :(

You would be amazed how quickly that barley will lengthen once it gets some rain - we had crops like that a few years ago and after 2 days rain they were back to normal height - as long as it rains before they flower you should be okay  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well today it was decided that it is getting on so the hemp needed drilling...... into the field metioned elsewhere with no moisture in the top 6 inches :o My boss had a cunning plan to get the moist soil on top though, I was dispatched with the Simba Solo to disc it deep enough to do the job and it has worked well and should be drilled by this time tomorrow and rolled in all being well. Got a couple of pics on my phone today of the tractor and Solo.......

Ever seen a bog standard TS-A 135 pulling a Solo 330 :o :o :o :o ::)

Photo-0055_000.jpg

Photo-0056_001.jpg

Lovely Gav...... :P

Must be blooming light ground if she's managing that without even being a chipped TS-A...... :o :o ;)

Exactly the opposite in fact Mart, it's fairly heavy soil on quite a chunk of that field.....you may notice that the legs aren't in the ground though, did try it with them in 4-6 inches and it did pull it at 3mph. When it hit a patch of loose soil the tractor buried itself though as it wasn't heavy enough for the job. It's just so dry and hard on there that we could get away with a tractor that size, mind you it did drink 3/4 of a tank of diesel in the 5.5 hrs it took to do the 22 acres :o:-\

Exactly the opposite in fact Mart, it's fairly heavy soil on quite a chunk of that field.....you may notice that the legs aren't in the ground, did try it with them in 4-6 inches and it did pull it at 3mph but when it hit a patch of loose soil the tractor buried itself as it wasn't heavy enough for the job. It's just so dry and hard on there that we could get away with a tractor that size, mind you it did dring 3/4 of a tank of diesel in the 5.5 hrs it took to do the 22 acres :o:-\

Ah right got you mate......Cheers for the info...... :)

Pretty nasty on the old diesel tank though eh...... :o :o ;)

Ah right got you mate......Cheers for the info...... :)

Pretty nasty on the old diesel tank though eh...... :o :o ;)

Too right, even the boss was shocked at that sort of fuel consumption.....yet they say that Tier II/III are supposed to be better on the emissions :-\

bit thirsty eh  :D wheres the tm then  :-\ that would of pulled it   :-\

The TM is sitting in the barn on one of the Welger balers. We wanted to use a tractor with a light footprint as we didn't want to leave wheelings in the field. The TS-A already had duals on it and is lighter than the TM so got the job ;)

nice info. and pics Gav :) :) :).....now i got rid of 3 bottles of water that have been in the car since last weekend, if i had known i could have sent it to you ;)::)

Well today it was decided that it is getting on so the hemp needed drilling...... into the field metioned elsewhere with no moisture in the top 6 inches :o My boss had a cunning plan to get the moist soil on top though, I was dispatched with the Simba Solo to disc it deep enough to do the job and it has worked well and should be drilled by this time tomorrow and rolled in all being well. Got a couple of pics on my phone today of the tractor and Solo.......

Ever seen a bog standard TS-A 135 pulling a Solo 330 :o :o :o :o ::)

Hmm That's impressive. Takes at least a MX270 (or similar  :D) to get that up our hills....

• 2 months later...

Here's some pictures from today on the farm, as mentioned elsewhere I have been learning to bale today with the olde of our 2 Welger D4000 balers, this one is now coming into its fourth season I believe. A very good yielding bit of grass with 424 bales coming off it, all should be wrapped by now, this eing done by another contractor who we work in with.

First up one of the 7840's rowing up with a Lely Hibiscus, only one rakes width to a swath today as where we put two into one I was baling at 1.2mph whereas it was around 4mph the rest of the time

P7190046.jpg

P7190049.jpg

P7190048.jpg

The baler, Welger D4000

P7190047.jpg

P7190051.jpg

"string-cam".......i can pick out the four rows of string and the knots on the bales to see if there is a problem with this ;D

P7190052.jpg

The baler controls, screen at present shows the pressure setting at 30% and knotter fan speed

P7190053.jpg

Especially for TOG and NH2 heres the other chaps Agrotron and new Tanco wrapper

P7190058.jpg