At work with Gav

Gav836

Before and after pictures of the beds

P3180001.jpg

P3180002.jpg

And for anyone thinking of buying a CVX for heavy PTO work, here's a word of advice, DON'T!!

This is the fuel gauge after 6.5 hours work with the tractor, the tank holds 310 litres, which is around £200's worth at current value.......thirsty old things :o

P3180008.jpg

It does Nick, will be setting it up tomorrow on that one once I look at the book as its a different layout to the other older CVX, the older one was using 31 litres/6.6 gallons an hour on the small bed tiller, be interesting to see what this one is doing

I love the way your using the weights to save the underside of the tractor in those deep ridges ;) ;) ;)

Thats part of the reason, the other is that the beds are a bit too deep so we can push a bit of soil back in with them. I have done every tramline in a field before as the beds were too deep for a Fastrac to get down when it was putting liquid fertiliser on :o

You certainly did Olly, lots of carrots :D :D

Just off the Horsemoor Road between March and Wimblington, up a long concrete track ;)

The MXU dash is in the older CVX Nick, there is no dash panel in the newer ones, its all on the A post ;)

i know it well, my father in law farms at the march end of horsemoor road which is known as colseed road  :)

No idea on that one Martin, have to have a word and find out for you tomorrow if I get the chance ;) The Jones machines seem to be the weapon of choice for growers

No worries mate........Aye, they're certainly some bit of kit........Should be one appearing here again soon for this year's planting........ :);)

A few from today, the McCormick MTX140 and Stanhay pneumatic precision drill putting the carrots in. The variety going in here is F1 Nairobi (sure Marky can advise us of its merits :D), the area that we covered today came to about 20 acres just over.

P3190015.jpg

P3190016.jpg

P3190017.jpg

P3190018.jpg

P3190019.jpg

P3190020.jpg

Well it looks like you spend most days in one field  ;D Thought about putting a tv in  to watch while away those hrs  ;D Be intresting to compair different tractors on fuel consumption .Keep the pics comming always brightons the day up

I was told that they have a CVX 195 and an identical MF DynaVT on the formers at the other farm up north, the MF uses 100 litres a day LESS than the Case, thats a lot of money at current prices.

I have thought about putting a tv in Stevo but everytime I turn my back on the former the bed profiles go to pot......sods law ::):D

I was told that they have a CVX 195 and an identical MF DynaVT on the formers at the other farm up north, the MF uses 100 litres a day LESS than the Case, thats a lot of money at current prices.

I have thought about putting a tv in Stevo but everytime I turn my back on the former the bed profiles go to pot......sods law ::):D

Of course i meant the camra tv  ::) (to save backache) that would be one excuse way  ;D Or you could try the last word  ::)

After 4 days get one free That's a big saving