At work with Gav

Gav836

nice shots mate, nice to be back at a combines wheel then??

think i have been out that way before, the name of the point sounds familiar ,long time ago mind

Cheers mate, its not bad combining again, would be happier with the other shade of green though, never have liked JD combines and this one strengthens that feeling (think that answers your question as well Adam :D)

Cheers mate, its not bad combining again, would be happier with the other shade of green though, never have liked JD combines and this one strengthens that feeling (think that answers your question as well Adam :D)

in what way mate, i know the 1075 we tried went down like a lead ballon even that many years ago,i guess sometimes it down to what you were bought up on at times

sure does thanks  :D  :D

in what way mate, i know the 1075 we tried went down like a lead ballon even that many years ago,i guess sometimes it down to what you were bought up on at times

Its slow and won't feed the crop in very well, struggles to get a good sample at times as well, even the boss says he's prefer a Claas to it but thats what they have so he's stuck with it

Not all the pics are loading as I am only on my phone so I will save that for tomorrow.

Obstructions in balers though, my mate was chuffing along happily yesterday with his 8360 and Welgar D4000 when it all stopped. Looked in the chamber and there was a log perfectly jammed width ways. No chance of budging it either, had to ring his Dad to bring out the chainsaw and cut it out!!

I was in norfolk once,a mate of mine was delivering  salers cross bulling heifers to holkham hall estates.They have suckler cows to graze the saltings and  utilise the beet tops.We took them to chalk hill farm at Wells next the sea... Pat Cole. was the guy`s name we were to meet, I think he`d just retired as the manager.....31st october , mid 90`s . We stayed the night  in the motel at Fleet

I know its off topic but just as blakeney point was mentioned ........ ::)

Looks like your keeping up with it pretty swiftly as well Gav, no swaths left on the previous run.

Looks can be deceptive, there's 60 acres to the right of the combine, half of which had been cut and i'd only baled the headlands and 3 rounds in the field before my baler broke for the umpteenth time.......did get on well yesterday though, between 1pm and 7.30pm I got 131 bales done, now done 288 on that field so far with another 25-30 acres left to bale. Would be doing it today but, yep you guessed it, the balers gone wrong again ::)

Variable Chamber Balers Yuk.

They're known for being problematic. Stick to net.

It is net............

Most people round here who own a JD 5** baler swear by them but this one seems to be a bit of a dog. If we didn't have a variable chamber baler then how else would we do 4 ft hay bales to fit the racks and 5 ft straw bales for bedding as 4 ft straw ones would be impractical for us both in terms of storage and time consumption

we used variable chamber (belt) round balers for silage  for years , as I`ve mentioned before...they were very convenient and I think certainly the more modern ones are pretty good.very flexible as Gav says ,we once made  2 foot bales of hay......yep you heard right for a guy who only had small byres (small fields too 1,2 4 and his biggest hay field, 5 acres).2 of us lifted them onto a flat trailer flat ways 2 on the trailer rolled them up ontop..........pretty impressive to see .

Today I have been Terra discing with my Galloping Goat which has once more gone wrong, that damned 6920s is eating through its nine lives on the farm quickly I think. Using a Terra disc when you have to stop the engine every 5 minutes to get the draft sensors working again is no fun, another warning about low transmission oil pressure too, not good >:(

Anyway heres some pics for you :)

post-334-132638827291_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638827299_thumb.jpg