At work with Gav

Gav836

You'll have to choose a cheaper plough than the Rabe so there's money left in the kitty to buy you some new tyres ;D

They should be fitted this week ;D having a bit of trouble getting back tyres the right size at the minute though

Any chance of lots more photos, i want to make one sometime!

I'll see what I can do in the morning before I take it back to the dealers ;)

given the choice i would go the most expensive route, might cost more but its prob better built leading to less breakages and repairs in the longrun, so cutting down costs 

Need to consider resale value too Sean on which I'm sure KV will beat the rest hands down ;)

If he buys a Kv he can use the bloody thing :D :D they're overated, over priced and look weak in the critical places. They're one up from the bottom of my list I'm afraid, I'd take the Dowdeswell, Kuhn or Rabe over it any day

If he buys a Kv he can use the bloody thing :D :D they're overated, over priced and look weak in the critical places. They're one up from the bottom of my list I'm afraid, I'd take the Dowdeswell, Kuhn or Rabe over it any day

Now there's something I have to agree with the old 7 furrow I used to use had cracks everywere and was 5 years old and only 4000 acres under its belt or so :'(

You tryed an Overum mate got one at local contractors and is 10 years old but still going strong?

you got yours done your lucky mate

my old mans has had his kv for 14 years now and never had a prob but he is on light land and it dose sod all

you hear jhonson have the duetz contract now the old man sohould be haveing one this week at some point

i see the cab hound is geting big now mate is he still chewing every thing

Had a Pottinger plough on demo yesterday and some of Wednesday, good plough and does a very good job even in trashy conditions. It also pulled easily using the least diesel so far of any plough :)

Image089-1.jpg

Image088-1.jpg

Image077.jpg

Image078-1.jpg

Image079-1.jpg

Had a nice view all day yesterday too :)

Image075-1.jpg

Had to keep it going late last night, didn't want to bounce another plough down a mile of very rough seaside track

Image080-1.jpg

Went back today with the Terra Disc to pull out the headland furrows, worth it for the view off the fields

Image082-1.jpg

Image084.jpg

Still taking our beet away as well so snapped the Hanomag again :)

Image087-1.jpg

Someone was sizing up my Mars bar as well :D :D

Image086-1.jpg

The boss is going to look at that side of it once we have had all of the ploughs out on demo, both spurious and genuine although I know that in the case of Rabe and a few of the others spurious parts cannot be obtained for them yet. My side is just evaluating the field performance and fuel consumption of the ploughs

the pott looka a nice plough gav , i spose those will be the next colours for your conversions !

& of course you let him have a bit of yer mars bar  :D

so if he's like my dogs he's happy to run alongside the tractor till he's knackered then just sit at the headland till you decide to let him back up  ::)

so how many times you nearly ploughed him in then  :D :D

the pott looka a nice plough gav , i spose those will be the next colours for your conversions !

& of course you let him have a bit of yer mars bar  :D

so if he's like my dogs he's happy to run alongside the tractor till he's knackered then just sit at the headland till you decide to let him back up  ::)

so how many times you nearly ploughed him in then  :D :D

hope not, chocolate can kill dogs!!!....so they say..........funny that, our other spaniel ate anything, her favourite drink was vodka and redbull :D :D :D::)

so whats your top of the list then, i take it your trying each make now on each field....then do the same next year! :D :D :D :D

Finally got ploughing again today, unfortunately its with my old wreck plough, but got a few pics, spot the difference on my tractor now though :o;D ;D ;D ;D

DSCN0551.jpg

DSCN0556.jpg

DSCN0557.jpg

Nice view again today, looking over towards Cley on the North Norfolk coast

DSCN0561.jpg

I thought that this might be of interest to the Massey Massive as well, the farms water cart where I was ploughing today, we only contract farm the land for them

DSCN0549.jpg

DSCN0550.jpg

I don't think its changed much Paul, I caused chaos trying to get through there with a 3m wide Terra Disc Friday which was fun ::);D For those that don't know it, its a very narrow little coastal village popular with second home owners, buildings are right on the edge of the road and theres a couple of nice sharp blind bends thown in for good measure, not the best place to get through with machinery :D