At work with Gav

Gav836

I don't think its changed much Paul, I caused chaos trying to get through there with a 3m wide Terra Disc Friday which was fun ::);D For those that don't know it, its a very narrow little coastal village popular with second home owners, buildings are right on the edge of the road and theres a couple of nice sharp blind bends thown in for good measure, not the best place to get through with machinery :D

I know exactly what you mean Gav when they were working on the sea defences I took a 21ton digger up there I need all the road and the pavements to get round them corners ::) when I picked it up I went back Sheringham way on a hot summers day that was quite eventfull too :D :D

I hate to tell you this Paul but the sea defence has washed out just over from where I was ploughing last Thursday so you might have another trip there at some point :D :D

There is another way we can get to the fields at Salthouse from Langham but it involves a narrow 3.2m wide 18t mgw bridge, can just squeeze over it with the Terra Disc and Vaderstad but got to get it right, just easier going down the coast road

One video for you from today, should start drilling the spring barley tomorrow so will try to get some pictures for you all :)

Blimey, that must be dry! There's still guys up here sort of ploughing with 2 furrows taken off.  :o

thats some big headland you have left there Gav!!! (picture above loader shovel on page 72) anybody would think you had a big 7 furrow semi mounted plough  ;D i can normaly swing her round and do about 3-4 passes with a marking, although if i can be arsed she gets swung around and only do 2 plough widths on headlands like that, nice vid tho btw, bit like mine isnt it  ::)  :-;)  ;D

I leave a big headland so all my ins and outs are the inside of the headland tramline, makes it smoother for spraying then ;):)

I had a friend come out and see me today so she took some pictures of me drilling the first field of Tipple spring Barley :) Yes that is dust blowing too, just to rub it in John :D :D

DSCN0565.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0569.jpg

DSCN0571.jpg

looks to be good going gav, well as long as it lasts that is

first few pics make it look as if yer wearing a tie  :-\

now we've met a few times but i wouldn't say you were an outragously big bloke , but either yer not shareing yer mars bars with the dog enough , or a ladyfriend is feeding you too well , or (been a few years since i wa in a JD cab) the JD cabs look unbearably cramped

Yes they are McCormick overalls, my JD ones are ripped and these were given to me free of charge so they'll do for now :D

No I haven't put weight on Marcus, those cabs are a bit cramped, I've lost weight in fact :D Still got some good going, moved closer to home now, should get all thats ploughed drilled by the end of tomorrow

A few pictures from yesterday drilling  :)

No GPS in use here ;D

DSCN0595.jpg

DSCN0597.jpg

The headlands all driiled, all 4.5 ha of them

DSCN0599.jpg

The field finished, 12.3ha but drilled area was 13ha, big difference made by all the scoots. Looking out towards Blakeney Point

DSCN0604.jpg

Breakfast time :D :D

DSCN0602.jpg