At work with Gav

Gav836

Some great pics there mate, how was it to be ploughing again?  Not a bad beast there but there is a difference between comforts isnt there ;) ;)  But some very good ploughing there i now know who i need to learn off ::) ::):D :D

How was the 8770 there nice tractors just never been to keen on jumpyness of gearbox or is that just ones i've driven :D :D

Some lovely pics there Gav.... you got room in your cab for a mate sometime to have a ride with you  ;)???:-*

Thanks Marky, always room for one more in that tractor, all of the tractors apart from the McCormick have a passenger seat of sorts :);)

Some great pics there mate, how was it to be ploughing again?  Not a bad beast there but there is a difference between comforts isnt there ;) ;)  But some very good ploughing there i now know who i need to learn off ::) ::):D :D

How was the 8770 there nice tractors just never been to keen on jumpyness of gearbox or is that just ones i've driven :D :D

Good to be back to proper farm work again, not quite as comfortable as the Renault but I've driven much worse ;)

The gearbox is quite smooth under load except from the 9th-10th range change which gives a bit of a kick, you've got to learn with these ones, get the revs right and there's no trouble ;):)

Finished ploughing that field today and we managed to get the whole 33 acres drilled as well between 10.30am and 6pm excluding the headlands. I had the TSA135 on the 4m Kverneland power harrow and my boss had the McCormick on the Vaderstad box drill :)

TSA and power harrow :)

post-334-132638574185_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638574188_thumb.jpg

TSA from back and dash panel showing ground speed, PTO speed, and clock l-r bottom row, dials for engine rpm, temperature and fuel level, green lights are 4wd and middle 2 signal that the power boost is active :);)

I have some pictures of the rh console I can post if anyones interested ???

post-334-132638574192_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638574213_thumb.jpg

Ooooh Gav you lucky man......Strange place for the number plate on the TS-A mate?  ???:);)

My guess is the original fixings fell out on the top of the cab, happened to the one we had where I worked before :-\

TSA from back and dash panel showing ground speed, PTO speed, and clock l-r bottom row, dials for engine rpm, temperature and fuel level, green lights are 4wd and middle 2 signal that the power boost is active :);)

I have some pictures of the rh console I can post if anyones interested ???

Post away mate, anything New Holland related I'm interested...... ;) ;)

My guess is the original fixings fell out on the top of the cab, happened to the one we had where I worked before :-\

Ah right mate......Perhaps a bit of a design fault...... :o;)

Here you go Martin ;)

First is the gear lever, any 40 series drivers should be familiar with the lever operation, pull to back for low range, push forward for high range, 17 gears in total on here as its a 50kph model

Second shows spool controls, pto controls and switches for display screen selection on dash, power boost, 4wd, diff lock and auto gears/transport boost. Also knob for front linkage height setting ;)

post-334-132638574263_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638574268_thumb.jpg

Thanks Graham, we used to drill at 8-10kph where I used to work :) We were drilling spring barley there, may have some spring rape to go in yet as well, depends how much time we have. I was going in tomorrow to plough the headland so they can dry out ready to drill on monday but the boss is going to do that now as it gets him out of gardening for a little while ::):D :D

Will the spring barley being going for malting if the samples good enough.  Hardly any barley grown down here in Kent, the straws nearly worth as much as the corn. I miss the winter barley always use to see the combines out early in the year doing that. Glad you are enjoying your new job.

I would guess so, not asked much about it yet. Straw is a large part of the contracting business on this farm, running 2 Welgar 4000 series midi hesston size balers and a JD 550 round baler which is used more for hemp from what i can make out ;):)

Good stuff Gav - when I bought the Renault, the TSA 135 was second choice....do you like it? I've subsequently heard it's just a 40 series gearbox under the fancy controls.

No SB here just WB to keep the balers happy  :)

Here you go Martin ;)

First is the gear lever, any 40 series drivers should be familiar with the lever operation, pull to back for low range, push forward for high range, 17 gears in total on here as its a 50kph model

Second shows spool controls, pto controls and switches for display screen selection on dash, power boost, 4wd, diff lock and auto gears/transport boost. Also knob for front linkage height setting ;)

Cheers Gav......Always amazes me the amount of levers/knobs/buttons on modern tractors......Especially comparing the two main ones at my work...... :)

I suppose you get used to them all and their functions quickly with use mate eh...... :) :) ;)

Lovely photo's gav and that litle box drill looks a right peache mate. Had one of them on the old 78 and she ripped along quite happily. Would b a nice model Gav.

Gav, it would be a nice model.

That would be a nice model wouldn't it Gav.

What do you reckon, would that make a good model?

::)

Good stuff Gav - when I bought the Renault, the TSA 135 was second choice....do you like it? I've subsequently heard it's just a 40 series gearbox under the fancy controls.

No SB here just WB to keep the balers happy  :)

The Renault would be my preferred choice over the TS-A John, there's no doubt that the TS-A is a good tractor in this form (the basic ones are a waste ::) ) but the Renault gives a smoother ride and has more space in the cab, the only real plus on the TS-A is the electronic functions, pre-set the revs for the PTO and just flick a switch everytime you set back in, goes up to the limit and brings the power boost in :)

There's a fair amount of spring barley in this area due to the amount of sugar beet grown and lifted late ;)

Lovely photo's gav and that litle box drill looks a right peache mate. Had one of them on the old 78 and she ripped along quite happily. Would b a nice model Gav.

Gav, it would be a nice model.

That would be a nice model wouldn't it Gav.

What do you reckon, would that make a good model?

::)

If you're saying that you think a model of it would be good ::);D then I've been thinking the same thing but have no time for a few weeks to even attempt it as I have too much on. That drill nearly ended up going on one of the 7840's but they decided to use the McCormick instead :)

I've just seen 'watapity's' creation, it's fantastic Gav. It's in Impliment Conversions.

The 7840 pulled her ok with half a box of barley and some water in the tyres on the flat field. Full box and a hill and I think she'd have turned around and headed back to the yard though!!  :D