At work with Gav

Gav836

Got an update to the situation now, Heard the letterbox go at 630 tonight, letter pushed through saying I was being made redundant from my current job due to lack of work caused by bird flu, thought it was nice of them, they didn't even knock!! Had no contact with them by phone about it, just a letter out of the blue, think that shows what sort of a firm they are to work for :-\

Not a really professional outfit then Gav... they obviously valued your employment with them  :-\ >:(

Tell them you will be taking advice on your recent health issues with the HSE... that will put the fear of god into them mate  ;);D

Not a really professional outfit then Gav... they obviously valued your employment with them  :-\ >:(

Tell them you will be taking advice on your recent health issues with the HSE... that will put the fear of god into them mate  ;);D

I could do that or I could just make a call to the relevant authorities about the lack of cleaning when moving between turkey farms ie- there is nothing cleaned or disinfected!! ;)  ;D

I could do that or I could just make a call to the relevant authorities about the lack of cleaning when moving between turkey farms ie- there is nothing cleaned or disinfected!! ;)  ;D

go on, i dare you.....although it pretty serious stuff :o :o

go on, i dare you.....although it pretty serious stuff :o :o

Watch this space ;) Spoke to the manager there this morning, said I got your letter last night, all he said was "oh right", I'm now exploring the legal side of how they have gone about making me redundant, especially while I'm signed off work by the Dr :-\

i didnt think they could do that while you were sick gav , we have a few people at work they want rid of but cant due to illness

Thats what I thought too Sean, they said it was due to lack of work yet 10 days ago they rang me begging for me to go back although I was ill, something doesn't sound right to me :-\

Not something that I would normally think about doing but I just aren't impressed with how they have gone about things

Do it Gav.... a "normal" settlement for an employment tribunal is about ?15k now so they tell me... any employer who doesn;t follow the rules deserves what they get... rules are there to protect the employer AND the employee...

Find a no win no fee solicitor... with your timely flu and the whole Bernard Matthews thing they have been REALLY insensitive let alone immoral...

You CANNOT be finished whilst you are on sick leave... they have a duty to pay you SSP until you return to work at least I THINK !!!

good luck with the new job gav and let them havit mate

be careful about the selfemployed bit as just got a letter from my accountant saying that subbies will have to pay 30% instead of 18% tax

so if any one wants a class 1 360 opperator (paye) please let me know b4 april 7/07

good luck with the new job gav and let them havit mate

be careful about the selfemployed bit as just got a letter from my accountant saying that subbies will have to pay 30% instead of 18% tax

so if any one wants a class 1 360 opperator (paye) please let me know b4 april 7/07

Cheers, I've done the self employed farm worker bit before so i'm not going in blind, will check with the tax office in town though ;)

Anglian water were looking for 360 operators not too long ago

• 2 weeks later...

Had my first day there today so I can now give you a list of what vehicles we have.......

P reg NH 7840 turbo'd, pushes out 145hp at the PTO!!             

R reg NH 7840 turbo'd 135hp                 

? reg Ford 8770                       

54 reg NH TSA135 50kph

55 reg NH TM175

06 reg McCormick MC135/Quicke loader

52 reg JCB 530-70

12 ton Daewoo tracked digger

NH TX66 20' Combine

There's also a good selection of machinery, just a few listed below ;D

Welger D4000 baler

Welger D4006 baler

JD round baler

Kuhn mower

Bale transporters

Rau mounted sprayer

Vicon and Lely Broadcasters

2 Bunning 10t spreaders

1 ECE 10t spreader

Garford 6 row tractor operated beet harvester :o

Will try to get some pictures over the next couple of days while I'm dung carting :);)