At work with Gav

Gav836

Just for you Marky, as requested some pictures of the Baileys Dump trailer :);)

The second pic is of the chassis, at the back are two axle mounted rams that transfer weight onto the back pair of wheels to make it more stable in theory, I was told it usually does the opposite on rough ground :-\

It puts more pressure back to the tractor, not any better in terms of sideways stability, just put the upwards support nearer the back of trailer.

Redrocks have the same

It puts more pressure back to the tractor, not any better in terms of sideways stability, just put the upwards support nearer the back of trailer.

Redrocks have the same

yer right again ricky , the idea is to put more weight on the tractor for more grip i'd have thought .

hope things will work out here for you gav , a bit more restrained than the contractors workload  :)

Sounds like a rough version of the world famous patented MASSEY FERGUSON Pressure control..

It just so happens that I am bidding on a pressure control brochure on ebay at the minute... SHOULD I be lucky enough to win it... prepare for a lecture... after which there will be a short test  ;D

yer right again ricky , the idea is to put more weight on the tractor for more grip i'd have thought .

hope things will work out here for you gav , a bit more restrained than the contractors workload  :)

Its a lot better than the last lot, turns out I worked with the owners son, who's my age, a few years back when we were both on contract to a potato contractor bed forming and sub soiling :)

Nice work mate and some not half bad kit but i can safly say after spending all morning dung carting as well but on NH TM190 i have not been on a worse haulage tractor the steerings very sensitive with no feel the gearbox is very very picky on what gear you pull off in and is gutless be warned on the 175 :D :D

But otherwise mate a very very well done on your new job and must say do like the TSA :-*:D

Sounds like a rough version of the world famous patented MASSEY FERGUSON Pressure control..

It just so happens that I am bidding on a pressure control brochure on ebay at the minute... SHOULD I be lucky enough to win it... prepare for a lecture... after which there will be a short test  ;D

Bad luck you lot... I won it... perpare to be lectured in a couple of weeks time  ;):P

Nice work mate and some not half bad kit but i can safly say after spending all morning dung carting as well but on NH TM190 i have not been on a worse haulage tractor the steerings very sensitive with no feel the gearbox is very very picky on what gear you pull off in and is gutless be warned on the 175 :D :D

But otherwise mate a very very well done on your new job and must say do like the TSA :-*:D

I bet the TM190 is a supersteer model as the 8870 i used to drive was a bit like that on the steering.

Spent today changing the wheels back to the solid pan ones on the TSA and then muck carting till mid afternoon. I then took over on the Ford 8770 and 6 furrow Kverneland plough, nice to get back to one of my favourite jobs ;D

Nope standard TM190 gav dont know why it was all over the place doing about 45K odd it was shocking the 140 is miles better really overall,  :D :D

And you managed to go ploughing at the moment lucky you  :D :D

I bet the TM190 is a supersteer model as the 8870 i used to drive was a bit like that on the steering.

Spent today changing the wheels back to the solid pan ones on the TSA and then muck carting till mid afternoon. I then took over on the Ford 8770 and 6 furrow Kverneland plough, nice to get back to one of my favourite jobs ;D

but where are the pics gav ?

Didn't have the camera with me today as I thought i'd just be muck carting then come home, I'll have it with me tomorrow though, should be discing and then ploughing unless the weather forecast is right, should pour down with rain tonight here >:(

Oooh......An 8770 Gav......A big toy indeed...... :P;) ;)

Today I have beem ploughing all day with the 8770 and Kverneland, covered just under 30 acres and this time I had my camera with me ;D

8770 from front and rear view first up

post-334-132638573826_thumb.jpg

post-334-13263857383_thumb.jpg

Final two pics, first one shows the dash console with speed read out, gear display, engine revs, hitch settings and all the guages and warning lights as well as work light switches

Second pic is of rh console with hand throttle, gear lever, hitch, spool and PTO controls :)

post-334-132638573884_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638573889_thumb.jpg

nice and straight gav no seagulls :-\

Too early for seagulls at 8am but they were present and redecorating the tractor later on ::)

mmm aint much soil stuck to the wheels or anywhere ,even the turned stuff looks dry from the pics to me anyway

Its dry on top but fairly wet beneath and in the case of headlands they have been sub soiled today to let the water drain, trouble is it worked well and I nearly got stuck as it had turned to mud behind it ::)

Nice bit of ploughing there! Is that beet ground with wheel marks like that? We always ploughed our beet ground crossways on so as to keep it level. Was a bit frustrating sometimes with very short runs.

Thanks, yes it is old beet ground, all was lifted with a tractor mounted 6 row Garford machine. This field started off with short runs but is nice long work once you get into it. It does plough leveller and helps with grip going cross ways at times :);)