At work with Gav

Gav836

the kv was the light version their is a  way  stronger one than that lad beside us has 5f on 8400 jd and is really stronge looking plough we have 2 6f and a 7f and think they are great we had ovrum before that the kv isnt as good at getting rid of the trash as the ovrum but the head stocks are very soft on the ovrum i guess every plough has its faults

I lift the plough out just as the back furrow hits the mark, the headland is about 14m wide, 24m tramlines so with headland tramline being 12m from the hedge the plough ins and outs are well clear of it meaning smooth travelling when spraying.

A few pictures from this week now, started ploughing our beet land for next year as its still nice and dry to get onto. Couple of pictures of the first field, 22 acres ploughed in 7 hours on 140 litres of diesel, went over nice and level. I like the Lemken plough for headlands as I just have to pull out a pin slide the depth stop up re pin it and I leave a 2 inch deep furrow in the field, easy to pull out :)

001-10.jpg

003-8.jpg

As it was wet yesterday I was doing a few workshop jobs, the Vaderstad drill needed the following harrow tines changing........spot the difference between old and new  :o  :D  :D

Tines were £7.60 each......

004-8.jpg

007-4.jpg

Couple of fleet pictures, will try to get some better ones in the not to distant future

L-R:- 6810 (8160 hrs), 6910 (6980hrs), 6920s (4520hrs)

012-8.jpg

6420s (3400hrs) still on spraying duties

013-5.jpg

3 more for Lord F  :D  Cows licked off the lights last spring when it was left in the field on the water cart, will be getting it in the workshop soon and sorting them out and the leaking halfshaft seals

009-8.jpg

010-7.jpg

011-8.jpg

Those tines have done about 3 seasons John so have done well

This was that same field ploughed springtime with solid bodies on a Lemken Demonstrator, it shows the difference that slats and a dry summer can have I think :)

DSCN0622.jpg

Definately not  :D  its still too useful to us, will be running the saw bench on it for one but it also goes on our fencing trailer as its light enough to get about our wet meadows. Has been known to do the hay turning too ;)

Heres a few pictures from this week, my tractor is now fixed, all problems were being caused by the electric cooling pump for the transmission going on the blink then packing up, approx £800-1000 part :of :of

i have heard of this problem before and the man couldnt figure out what it was so he tryed everything and costed him alot of money then one night he was on the computer and found some man with the same problem and the sensor was faulty so he just unplugged it and his tractor has been orite ever since :D

If it was red it would be a different story but I quite like that colour scheme until it has a 20 on the bonnet decal ;D::)

In all seriousness that 10 year old 6810 and 8 year old 6910 are the two best pulling tractors we have and I love driving them, more so than my 6920s ;D