At work with Gav

Gav836

The second pic here is for ruskigman's benefit (and anyone else whos interested) and shows the gear set up fitted to the tractor. Closest lever is hand throttle, then forward-reverse selector, next is the main gear lever, in backwards position it gives u 4 electronic gears for faster field operations and in the forward position gives you another four for road travel, theses are doubled giving you another 8 slower gears by using the final lever, in the forwards position it gives you the previously mentioned speeds (hare range) pull it backwards it gives you another 8 gears  in tortoise range ;):)

post-334-132638578422_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638578426_thumb.jpg

Green Green Green, you need some green machines!!!

Quite agree a Claas tractor would be nice but I'd never ask for one of those JD things, myself and my Bosses have got better taste ::)

he's got the right right colour, dont need to ruin a perfect picture. the 7840's just seem to keep on going

Too right, this one has just clocked 5800hrs, not bad for a tweaked machine and I think the other one which is a year older has clocked 7000ish, it has had the engine rebuilt once at 4000ish hours, something to do with it being 160hp ish i believe ::):D :D ;)

Heres a few pics of our other 7840, this one is a year older and has done 7600 hrs. Took this today just before we changed the wheels back to 16 inch ones. This tractor does most of the spraying and top dressing as it has ground speed readout being an SLE model (i think) and the other one doesn't :);)

post-334-132638578956_thumb.jpg

post-334-13263857896_thumb.jpg

A very light treading tractor on these tyres, the back ones are appros 3'6" wide and the front ones approx 2'6". Bit of a beast on the road though ::):D :D

The front box is a chemical safe ;)

post-334-132638578964_thumb.jpg

Holy smokes Gav I want it...... :P :P :P :P

Tough, you can't have it ::):D :D ;)

I'd love to put that beside another 7840 to do the same job and watch the owners face when it leaves them for dead ::) ::)::);D

Nice pictures mate, how many acres do they do? And i do agree you need some green tractors either Fendt or Claas :D :D

Those links dont look very level on wide tyred 7840 ??? ??? :D

Well considering that it goes on a mounted sprayer I can assure you that they are, its just the way they are sitting ;)

They farm 1000 acres in total with contract beet harvesting and baling as well as a haylage business as well

Well considering that it goes on a mounted sprayer I can assure you that they are, its just the way they are sitting ;)

They farm 1000 acres in total with contract beet harvesting and baling as well as a haylage business as well

What do they run for the grass and have you got any pictures?  ???

What do they run for the grass and have you got any pictures?  ???

Lely Splendimo mounted mower, Lely Hibiscus tedders, Weger D4000 and D4600 large square balers and a JD 550 round baler. No pictures as yet, give me a few weeks then there might be ;):)

Wonderfull pictures mate. :)

Cheers Oli :)

Wow never seen tires that wide before...is that common over there...must be due to the wet??

Fairly common, not so much due to the wet but they make the tractor tread very lightly, that one ways about 7 tonnes with a full fertiliser spreader yet I struggled to see where he had been with  it in the fields, hardly a wheel mark there :);)