I like my Siku more now I know it really existed

it was marky , it was released the same year as massey had the mammot forager in massey colours as well.

seem to remember massey wanted a finger in every pie available & decided to brand anything availabe to them at the time in MF colours

i saw it at the royal in 95 /96 ? farmer friend  near me had on on demo for his driver , but it wasn't a favorite , he ended up buying a 3670 when he eventually swaped his 2720 in

it was marky , it was released the same year as massey had the mammot forager in massey colours as well.

seem to remember massey wanted a finger in every pie available & decided to brand anything availabe to them at the time in MF colours

i saw it at the royal in 95 /96 ? farmer friend  near me had on on demo for his driver , but it wasn't a favorite , he ended up buying a 3670 when he eventually swaped his 2720 in

Interesting stuff Marcus... thanks... I've never seen one... you lucky bugger  :'(

Interesting DNA on this one, probably the first 'True' AGCO product that came out of the melting pot.  AGCO needed a Hi HP machine to compete against the others in the USA; also, the remnants of the association with Deutz / Deutz Allis allowed multiple branding.

Transmission was (I believe) Funk but re engineered by David Brown Transmissions, but the tractor, cab and layout were by the remnants of the Deutz half of Trak Teknik, who produced the MB Trac for MB, and, the Intrac for Deutz.

Any of you guys know why the cab glass is like it is on the left hand door window? Pls don't tell me it's a poxie JD SG2 cab copy cat. :-\

Cab goes back to Deutz-Allis days ,and may be a White-New Idea design, has a single door that opens up from off centred front pillar. As you say , very similar to SG2 cab design except for being square.

White-New Idea built the Deutz Allis 9100 series tractors for Allis , fitted with Deutz engines, for a couple of years, before both companies were taken over by AGCO.   

post-611-132638567986_thumb.jpg

Cab goes back to Deutz-Allis days ,and may be a White-New Idea design, has a single door that opens up from off centred front pillar. As you say , very similar to SG2 cab design except for being square.

White-New Idea built the Deutz Allis 9100 series tractors for Allis , fitted with Deutz engines, for a couple of years, before both companies were taken over by AGCO.   

So it wasn't really a new idea then! Boom Boom Tsshhh!!!! :D :D :D