One for my mate Kiwi Fruit - The Ferguson Butterfly Plough

Now I've let you down really buddy...  :-[ - I can only find one mention of the plough in my books (well.. plenty of mentions... but not many pics)... so this is all I can find for you... I hope it shows the part you are looking for mate...

As I have failed you I would suggest the Freiend of Ferguson Heritage website... they have a great for sale/wanted board that is free to post on... that's where I got my Yellow 35x informatrion  from... some really nice jhelpful people on there...

Anyway.. here you go...

post-292-132638571144_thumb.jpg

I'm not really sure Sean.. they must have been "flawed" in some way mate.... they never really took off... sure is a strange looking beasty  :o

Look at that wee Grey Fergie...... :P

Thanks for posting Marky......Lovely pictures...... :);)

No worries mate... nice to see a "Regan" working hey mate  ;)

I'm not really sure Sean.. they must have been "flawed" in some way mate.... they never really took off... sure is a strange looking beasty  :o

No worries mate... nice to see a "Regan" working hey mate  ;)

Exactly Marky......Look forward to getting mine dirty when it gets it new tyres...... :P:);)

i wouldn't have thought that thye would give much extra grip, they look pretty flat  i have to say,

why would you plough with a single furrow butterfly anyway, would be beter suited to competitions wouldn't it

it's primerily used for deep ploughing , more than two of these moldboards would make that poor little tractor strugle moreso than it already did :-\

look carefully at the depth of the furrow it's making , damn site deeper than a normal plough would go , the body is a fill digger share

Ive used one of them to plough with on a dexta right pigs ear it was to.If I remember right to trip it you connected a short chain onto the towing hitch so when you lifted it out the chain went tight thus operating the trip mechanism

Ive used one of them to plough with on a dexta right pigs ear it was to.If I remember right to trip it you connected a short chain onto the towing hitch so when you lifted it out the chain went tight thus operating the trip mechanism

good idea but useless in practice

Thank you so much there GGG that has helped me find out what i wanted. Howto trip it... My m8 has one of these and he couldnt find any thoing on how they triped.You havecome thru and cleared it up for us Thank you once again

Ps markey.... You didnt fail..You helped the situation by joging others memories... I love this place. At least ONE person knows something about what you want.... I honstly dont know how i would survive with out the forum for th info i need

Thanks alot guys

you should try and get hold of something like that for regan at some point mart, slowly add to the collection of old grey fergy stuff to match her

Funny you should say that Sean......I'm sure I discovered an old Grey Fergie two furrow reversible at the boss's other farm last weekend......Will go and get some pics of it soon and post them up but am sure it's a Fergie one...... :) :) ;)

Thank you so much there GGG that has helped me find out what i wanted. Howto trip it... My m8 has one of these and he couldnt find any thoing on how they triped.You havecome thru and cleared it up for us Thank you once again

Ps markey.... You didnt fail..You helped the situation by joging others memories... I love this place. At least ONE person knows something about what you want.... I honstly dont know how i would survive with out the forum for th info i need

Thanks alot guys

No worries... Group hug everyone  ;D

• 10 months later...