Loading shovel swap

went with my mate to take an ageing bray 4x4 loading shovel for a replacement machine, we got a shock when it drove onto the artic (a little bigger than we were told we thought we were collecting :o) when we got back to the yard we weighed how much crushed rubble it would carrie in its bucket, 6 tons without pilling it up was the answer ::) it was bought for loading rubble etc but they have now got a toe tip bucket for it for loading corn (7 ton at a time ;D)  they have found its great for pushing up the muckhills, takes a fraction of the time a telepoter takes

post-194-13263857376_thumb.jpg

post-194-132638573764_thumb.jpg

the fh is great, they bought it 6 months ago as the last fh got fired by kids :o its a fh12 globetrotter 480 on a R plate, splitter box etc. it is yet to be painted into there fleet colours, were waiting to see how it runs, sweet as so far.

they run 4 trucks, an erf and volvo fm12 on bulkers, a fh8 6 wheel tipper and the fh12 on lowloader mainly plus general haulage. they run 3 360 diggers so the low loader is always needed for moving them about

they bray was unloaded (running on 3 cylinders ::)) and drove to the mincer (metal crushing plant) was a shame but they felt it wasnt worth seling on (warwick wards) the farm still run 2, 2wd brays, a long reach and a medium and have 2 scrappers for spares.

arnt sure on the volvo model number, we thought we were collecting a 120 but this was produced ;D

not drove it YET but soon will i hope, we moved it 10 miles on the road on wednesday to push the much hill up and level some soil out, i took the bucket in a dump trailer behind a jd 6820 (quick hitch carriage fitted on vovlo)

volvo was bought to move rubble etc but is now used more than the 06 plate jcb loadall on corn, soil, muck etc

i will just point out the shovel works spot on but shows 27500hrs :o in very good order in the cab for its hrs/age

they bray was unloaded (running on 3 cylinders ::)) and drove to the mincer (metal crushing plant) was a shame but they felt it wasnt worth seling on (warwick wards) the farm still run 2, 2wd brays, a long reach and a medium and have 2 scrappers for spares.

arnt sure on the volvo model number, we thought we were collecting a 120 but this was produced ;D

not drove it YET but soon will i hope, we moved it 10 miles on the road on wednesday to push the much hill up and level some soil out, i took the bucket in a dump trailer behind a jd 6820 (quick hitch carriage fitted on vovlo)

volvo was bought to move rubble etc but is now used more than the 06 plate jcb loadall on corn, soil, muck etc

i will just point out the shovel works spot on but shows 27500hrs :o in very good order in the cab for its hrs/age

Cheers Mike......Any chance you could get some pics of the other Brays if you get a chance mate as I would be interested to see them...... :) :) ;)

Nice kit Mike, don't suppose you know the Volvo's previous owner do you? Looks familiar. The Volvo is a good old work horse mate, that'll be a damn fine replacement for that old Bray rubbish  :D :D :D :D I reckon she'd make some sexy dancing moves with 7t up front  :D;D

• 2 weeks later...