What a brute... but who has pinched the lift arms ???

Typical US set up , no linkage, as many American farmers only use trailed tackle. They used to produce tractors for the US market in two forms, ""row-crop" or "western", "row-crop" machines were more or less as we would expect them , with adjustable axles and a three point linkage, while "westerns" would have fixed axles and a heavy duty swinging drawbar only.  I don't know if these distinctions still apply, but I'm certain they did until fairly recently.

My Dad tells me there are 4 MF 1800 tractors in the UK, 2 of which are on a farm between Hereford and Kington in a village called Lucton, i have seen one of them in a field last year, evertime i go to my parent to visit i keep an eye out for them to take a picture, but no sightings yet.

Lovely machine Marky...... :)

My Dad tells me there are 4 MF 1800 tractors in the UK, 2 of which are on a farm between Hereford and Kington in a village called Lucton, i have seen one of them in a field last year, evertime i go to my parent to visit i keep an eye out for them to take a picture, but no sightings yet.

My boss used to have the only working version of an 1805 (I think it was an 1805 it's hard to tell now) in the UK......Now there's a sad story that links to this tractor that invloves the electricity board...... :-\ :'( :'(

He's probably thinking of Duncan Cameron at Letton Court Farm, but I think you'll find they are 4 4800 series tractors. They run 2 4840's and 2 4880's [ they also have another 4880 for spares].

Here you are Marky , just found A MF 3500 series brochure, I think this explanes it better than I could.

just found  :o never seen one before in my life , 3500 series , new one on me again !!!!, got a feeling you will be offered some money very soon indeed ;):D

just found  :o never seen one before in my life , 3500 series , new one on me again !!!!, got a feeling you will be offered some money very soon indeed ;):D

:D :D :D - I've got the whole 3500 range already Marcus  :-[ - It was basicaly the 2000 series renumbered... no great difference I don't believe...

Mind you... I don;t have that EXACT brochure Allis  ;D:D :D :D;)

I think so Marcus... they seem to be the same spec wise... I think it was for Canada mainly  :-\

ahh the canadians * says me tapping the side of my nose & winks in a conspirtual mannor in acknowledgement * those canadians have a lot to answer for  ;):D :D

Marky,

How many MF brochures have you got....?

R Day

Approx 600 Rory (ish..) ... I have been collecting since I was about 8.. and I'm 21 40 now  :o

I reckon I still only have about 60% of what MF produced... which my wife is NOT happy about  :D :D ::)

Ben... it was 9 binders full  :o

Approx 600 Rory (ish..) ... I have been collecting since I was about 8.. and I'm 21 40 now  :o

I reckon I still only have about 60% of what MF produced... which my wife is NOT happy about  :D :D ::)

Ben... it was 9 binders full  :o

:o :o :o :o

were the others in the far cabinet then ???

Marky

That's a very good collection and I like how you collect overseas literature.

Do you mean 60% of what MF produced for the UK market, or what they produced for the world....?

I reckon I've got about 3000 MF brochures and I reckon I'm only scratching the surface!

Getting hold of the overseas and export literature is now the main thrust of my collecting. 

Regards

Rory

Marky

Do you mean 60% of what MF produced for the UK market, or what they produced for the world....?

I reckon I've got about 3000 MF brochures and I reckon I'm only scratching the surface!

Getting hold of the overseas and export literature is now the main thrust of my collecting.   

Regards

Rory

3000  :o :o :o - Will you marry me  ;D - Christ Rory... I thought I was doing good at 600ish... I meant 60% of everything they ever produced  :o - Umm... time for a rethink I reckon  :-[

I love the overseas stuff more than the UK stuff really Rory... some of the pics are just stunning.. so... when can I come and see your collection  ;D

Marky,

If I could figure out how to post pics on the site I would post a picture of my collection, but I haven't figured it out yet.

I recently managed to pick up some nice leaflets on MF tractors built in Argentina, plus some ex-MF 100 Series training slides of MF 135, MF 165, and MF 185.

I love the overseas stuff, the more unusual the better. I'm a sad geezer really.

Rory

Marky

Did you ever get those Indian Massey brochure scans i sent you, I've been having trouble with emails and PM's not being sent or received and haven't heard anything back from you.

Lee

Hello Lee.. sadly not mate  :'( :'( - And I thought you didn't love me any more  :'( :D :D

Marky,

If I could figure out how to post pics on the site I would post a picture of my collection, but I haven't figured it out yet.

I recently managed to pick up some nice leaflets on MF tractors built in Argentina, plus some ex-MF 100 Series training slides of MF 135, MF 165, and MF 185.

I love the overseas stuff, the more unusual the better. I'm a sad geezer really.

Rory

WOW... sounds like some great new stuff Rory... Oh how I wish you would find a way to post up pics on here  :'( :'( - The Argentinian ones sound really great... and rare this side of the globe as well... They had some very "bespoke" kit in Argy I believe... especially the 100 and 1000 series  :o

I scan at 200dpi... save as a JPEG.. or TIFF then reduce to about 20% of the original size... SAVE as a JPEG now (and nothing else)... (forgot to mention... maintain aspect ratio).. bobs your uncle... fanny is your aunt... my pricks a .... well you know the rest  ;D

Marky

Regards

Rory

now thats a collection worth reading through rory, send them over to marky, he will scan them up for you, ,mind you ,that may be the last you see of them, and him come to think of it

now thats a collection worth reading through rory, send them over to marky, he will scan them up for you, ,mind you ,that may be the last you see of them, and him come to think of it

Great idea Sean... go for it Rory... you can trust me right  ;)

Who was it that once said that  :-\ :D