SP Ford 7610 III/Chafer Tramliner 24m sprayer

Belarusfan

Something I photo'd a couple of days ago; apologies for the darkness, it was really getting to late to take photos but couldn't not stop ::)

Anyway, I wondered if it might interest some people and maybe a possible conversion for someone?  :)???:)

I have more (and much larger) pics, if anyone wants any feel free to PM me. :)

DSCF0477Small.jpg

DSCF0490Small.jpg

when they have finished spraying with thses do they refit the front axels ,remove the sprayer and use the tractor as normal or are they a fixed setup, oftern wondered

Cheap alternative to a Self propelled although a very good system, you normally keep the tractor in this arrangement but the tractor can be fitted with a front axle if you decide to scrap the sprayer. from what i can remember from the one i drove it only had 8 main bolts holding it to the tractor and the power steering pipes connected to the rams on the pivot.

ive seen a fair few of these mainly on Fords, DBs Chafer did the kit for most tractors although the JD 3040/3140 played hell with the pivot being very front heavy.

i would say this sprayer would have started out on a 7000 or early 76 as Chafer changed design in the mid 80s ;)

Good pictures, what are the advantages or reasons for having a set up like this? Why not keep tractor with axle and tow sprayer, seems like a waste of a tractor to me.  ???

the idea is to get a better turn in the tram lines from my understanding ,its bascily the for runner to the self propelled machines we see today ,i know what you mean about the tractor though, does seem a waste ,

Good pictures, what are the advantages or reasons for having a set up like this? Why not keep tractor with axle and tow sprayer, seems like a waste of a tractor to me.  ???

like i said cheap alternative to a Self propelled sprayer, ive used a wide variety of sprayers makes and types nothing compares to a Self propelled machine and these chafer setups are 2nd best depending what tractor is used. dont forget these were from the days when SPs were f expensive ;)

i reckon it would feel ***** at first driving the tractor with no front wheels. Id keep looking down and going "ah my wheels have gone" and expect to go toppling forward onto its nose

driving the mf1250 for the first time was like that to a point, very weird turning the wheel and the whole front moves not the front wheels  :D :D