Nashmach's 3 week break

nashmach

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks lads - didn't get a chance to take ones of my neighbours at work beside me most days - Case MX170 with 5f KV rev plough, JQ 6320 (I think :-[) with 3f KV rev plough, NH TM 130 that my eleven yr old neighbour was ploughing with for another neighbour :o, Next door neighbour and quare fella's NH 110-90 :-* with 4f Sanderum plough  :'(

Will try maybe this weekend to get a few of the more modern gear ;)

Like some of the views there!

I thought I had a lot of stones....  :o

No way - had the boss man on to me there a while ago - he's after spending 2 days picking stones and our neighbour had to give him a hand still another few more tonnes to come off it - he's sowing that field today as he rang me for settings on the drill - dressing isn't as thick on it he says so he had too much gone out - amateur  :D :D should be okay now though as I told him to cut it back  :D;)

Well its up anyway and for the fist timer its pretty good - a few wide runs and etc but overall its looking good.  ;D

As for the stones - spent all the weekend at it - about 15t off 7.5 acres - another pic of it tomorrow  ;)

Although these were taken last weekend I'm going to put them here - another picture of all the stones - not as tidy as using the transport box to pick them but will buck them up using the loader next weekend - good riddance to this job :D :D

post-105-132638586132_thumb.jpg

Cheers for posting Colm......Wee gem ain't she...... :)

I'm presuming the lever on the right hand side of the dash is the hand throttle but is the lever on the Left hand side the indicators mate?  :) :) ;)

Spot on on both counts Mart - absolute beauty Mart :-*

You should give up farming and start quarrying  ;D

I hope that is the last load of stones ever to be picked off that field - I'm fed up of it - Dad wants to keep them for building work for these fancy stones walls he builds but I said to him that the next time a JCB is around there is plenty of holes to be filled and good riddance to them  :D :D

I hope that is the last load of stones ever to be picked off that field - I'm fed up of it - Dad wants to keep them for building work for these fancy stones walls he builds but I said to him that the next time a JCB is around there is plenty of holes to be filled and good riddance to them  :D :D

We've got fields where we've been lifting stones since my grandfather was a lad and more still come to the top every year. (Along with broken subsoiler and plough points  ;D)

We've got fields where we've been lifting stones since my grandfather was a lad and more still come to the top every year. (Along with broken subsoiler and plough points  ;D)

I think the problem with this field was it was four fields up to 15yrs ago and then our neighbours reclaimed et al and they didn't pick any stones off so they have all got spread all over the place after all the ploughing, power harrowing etc  :-\ As long as its not as bad next year I don't care - will definetly slacken back the depth a bit next year  ;)

Looks like Dad is getting some target practice down there tomorrow night by all accounts  >:(

• 3 months later...

It's been a few months but from looking at the crops yesterday between the showers the first bit should be ripe in about 10 days if the weather obliges :( - straw is still greenish so last spray has done thejob but due to the weather it is starting to break down some :(

• 1 year later...