The adventures of Marky and Fanny... the MF410 new to me on 18/11/2006 RIP Fanny

Well lads... today I woke up an thought... Blow it (well... lauguage filters... younger members... you know how it is)... I am going to spend some "me time" today...

So... to work I goes... and I pester Steve who works for me to let me "play" up his field this arvo...

I live in a built up area in a large village outside Cambridge... and the field is 6 miles away.. did I feel a pillock driving through the village  :-[ (which I have lived in most of my life.. so I know most people) ... I even bumped into my mum and dad out for a walk  :D :D :D

Anyway... with aid of my super dooper flashing beacon... 20 minutes or so later we arrived at the field...

Here's Fanny while she is still a virgin... just over 2 hours on the clock when we arrive I believe  :-\

post-292-132638582412_thumb.jpg

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I do Stevie I say... jumping up and down like a big... fat ... overweight... er... bald ... kid  :-[

"How about some grass cutting" he says... Ohhhhhhh yeah please

So we hook her up (I made a bit of a hash of it as well... only took me 3 attempts to get my arms in the right place  :-[ )

Hers she is sporting her first implement  ;D

does she feel like a 135 marky or bigger

She feels EXACTLY the same as the 135.. she even sounds the same as well  ;)

post-292-132638582453_thumb.jpg

So... I am off up the field...

After one of two passes I get the feel for how fast I can go... I started in 3L... then 4L... finally resting on 1H... Using the high box made it soooo mush easier at the ends... it's such a bind to reverse in L... and even more of a bind to keep changing the H/L lever each time  :-\

Heres a big fat bald bloke in action  ;D

I was like a pig in poo poo I can tell you  ;D

post-292-132638582457_thumb.jpg

And just check out the Huge amount of controls you get on a Fanny Ferguson  ;D

The lower readout is my PTO shaft speed... SPOT ON OR WHAT  :o :o :o:-*

i remember that field, its the one i took the 135 on wasnt it??...i want a go!!! ;D ;D ;D

The exact field Wing Commander Holmes  ;)

lookin good did you get any lovely warm paint smells when she was working  :)

I did ... but I'll come to that bit in a minute  ;)

post-292-132638582465_thumb.jpg

The 2.25 is the hours  :D :D :D

So... When I have done my cutting... I hope down...

Thanks a lot Steve I say... but... well... she hasn't even got off the cold mark on the gauage... can't we give her a good "testing" mate  ???

Well... I can only offer you a bit of rotavating... or cultivating... Steve says... But the rotivating will be dusty mate.. it gets everywhere  :o

Sod that Steve... I'll take the cultivating please  :D :D :D

Last one of my cutting ... promise

post-292-132638582472_thumb.jpg

Except... well... I stick her in the ground... she goes down and down... and I just sit and spin  :-[:D :D :D

Was about 2 seconds before I realised I had to lift her up a little on the draft control  :-[ - just long enough to make these holes  :D :D :D

post-292-132638582627_thumb.jpg

Time you got Fanny dirty, she'll look like a proper tractor now. Although I supose You'll spend the next week cleaning and polishing her.

Next week... tomorrow more like... and Sunday... and Monday  :D :D

So... once I get the "depth setting" she can pull without spinning... I'm off...

post-292-132638582652_thumb.jpg

I was well impressed with her as well... She pulled the cultivator quite deep with little effort.. spining was the problem... but the odd step of the difflock pedal usually sorted it out...

Dust is flying everywhere... my poor fanny is getting hot (well warm)... and the smell of "cooking paint" is emminating around my rather cute... small...button like... konk nicely  ;D

Thats the last pic of me cultivating... honest  ;D

post-292-132638582703_thumb.jpg

Some of the locals had come to watch... the icecream man turned up and the local brass band  :D :D :D

Anyway... well... thats it really... so off I go home... another 6 miles with my trusty beacon winking away ensuring my safety...  ;D

I couldn't get home quick enough... no sooner had I arrived home... toplink off... prybar out... in the vice and she gets the treatment...

Disappointing as it is to be "fixing" my brand new tractor... its soooooo much fun to be able to "do something"  ;D

post-292-132638582968_thumb.jpg

Haha brilliant Marky you look like an overgrown boy on that tractor  :D I can imagine you on your bicycle making tractor noises  :D :D It must of been great going through the villages on fanny ... i remember last time i was down your way in Abbington ( :-\) my uncles friend let me in his Lexion at the farm and we drove through the village to the field you get a few funny looks  :D Yet it feels great, specially on a good day ....

Good luck to you mate looks brilliant, glad you had a good time  :)

And here she is.. all ready for bed...  ;D

Haha brilliant Marky you look like an overgrown boy on that tractor  :D I can imagine you on your bicycle making tractor noises  :D :D It must of been great going through the villages on fanny ... i remember last time i was down your way in Abbington ( :-\) my uncles friend let me in his Lexion at the farm and we drove through the village to the field you get a few funny looks  :D Yet it feels great, specially on a good day ....

Good luck to you mate looks brilliant, glad you had a good time  :)

Thanks Nick... overgorwn boy sums me up I think mate  :D :D - Overgrown is all directions.. except the hair depratment  :-\

post-292-132638582981_thumb.jpg

Looks like you've had a good day with Fanny then ;D

One tip, don't use grease on a top link becuse if you don't adjust it a lot, and sometimes if you do the grease hardens and siezes it up again. Myself and my old colleagues always used oil on ours and found it a lot better ;):)

Last pic... but look at this people  :o :o

REAL dirt  :o :o :o :o ;D

Any questions... like ... can you shut up and turn the light out Marky so we can all get some sleep... fire away  :D :D

Looks like you've had a good day with Fanny then ;D

One tip, don't use grease on a top link becuse if you don't adjust it a lot, and sometimes if you do the grease hardens and siezes it up again. Myself and my old colleagues always used oil on ours and found it a lot better ;):)

Thanks for the tip Gavvers... now you tell me  ::):D :D

post-292-132638582988_thumb.jpg

Nice pictures Marky, looks like you had a pretty good day out. One question though, have you had nose surgery recently?  I thought that your konk was about three times larger than the one in the picture  ;D:D :D :D

Not long until you will be bringing her up to BEETie's farm for a proper font axle break in with a few wheelies  :D :D :D