ROW-CROP WHEELS

I went out and about today with the family and saw loads of people destoning and planting potato's and also drilling sugarbeet.

It then dawned on me that while I and other people have sold tractors on row-crops or 'sprayer wheels' but I now think these are too thin. ??? ??? ???

So i've come up with these :o :o

What do you think ??? ??? ???

post-96-132638582479_thumb.jpg

post-96-132638582485_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of JD's and a few Massey please!! :D :D ::)

honestly i did think they looked on the thin size but always assumed they were correct :-\. What have you used here then, they look good :) :)

Couple of JD's and a few Massey please!! :D :D ::)

honestly i did think they looked on the thin size but always assumed they were correct :-\. What have you used here then, they look good :) :)

I've used bits and pieces from the spares box Ben ;) ;)

If there well recieved on here i'll send them to the casters ;) ;)

looking very good, i think i know what you have used ;D if not how much a set to fit ourselfs?

The wheels are not stock items I have modified the original Siku centres to take different tyres :-X :-X

When i'm happy with the quality there'll be off to be cast ;) ;)

If all works out I will be happy to supply them as kits ;) ;)

Watch this space for prices ::) ::)

just picked up the new jd sprayer and was looking at the wheels and they would look great on your JD. the wheels are as thin as yours but the tred patton looks different .  wheels are the right colour as well. what do you think?

ah a use for the jd4020 rear tyres then mate ;)?????? looks good i have to say, and a lot easier to fit with that siku wheel system

They are off an ERTL JD i recently cut up but not a 4020 :-X :-X :-X :-X ??? ??? ??? ???

We went to the out-law's for lunch yesterday ::) ::)

So i took the wheels and finished them off on father-in-law's lathe ;) ;)

Will send them away next week ;) ;)

I'll get them cast in yellow for JD 6920's and red for Fendt 716's will try them on other models when i've got a set back ::) ::)

What other models would be a popular choce for row-crop wheels ??? ??? ???

We went to the out-law's for lunch yesterday ::) ::)

So i took the wheels and finished them off on father-in-law's lathe ;) ;)

Will send them away next week ;) ;)

I'll get them cast in yellow for JD 6920's and red for Fendt 716's will try them on other models when i've got a set back ::) ::)

What other models would be a popular choce for row-crop wheels ??? ??? ???

The Siku Claas Ares ATZ would be a good choice as well ;)

The Siku Claas Ares ATZ would be a good choice as well ;)

They will fit the Claas will be tight on the 5455 but later tonight i'll try them on other tractors in the collection,i think with a plug for the hubs so there push fit they'll fit several UH tractors ;) ;) ;)

i think your ford 7840 would look good with a set of row crops on or your Mf 6480. has any one cast the wheels off the UH self propelled srayer?. I'm thinking they might go on the back of MF5455 or smaller tractors. just a thought hint hint. look forward to seeing what you come up with.

They will fit the Claas will be tight on the 5455 but later tonight i'll try them on other tractors in the collection,i think with a plug for the hubs so there push fit they'll fit several UH tractors ;) ;) ;)

So far I have tried the rear wheels on:-

UH McCormick MTX175

UH Deutz TTV

UH Renualt/Claas Ares 836

UH Claas Ares 657

UH Fendt 818

As any one knows who's stripped these down, the front wheels can be more difficult than Siku to replace but hopefully the narrower tyre will go on the original rim ;) ;)

• 1 month later...

Nice job on a well over due edtion to 32nd farming Paul. :)

Mjb & I have been talking about row crop wheel widths on here in the past.

The comman 1/32nd row crop wheels that every one has are found in real life but there is a diffrance between spraying wheels and root crop wheels so top marks too Paul.