MB Trac Sprayer

i think its a Muller ??? cheap version of a Unimog may even be East German from behind the iron curtain.

Its a Muli - but I think they are from Holland - must check during the weekend - brought in by County for a while before they went into liquidation and County adapted some to high clearance versions  ;)

Not sure if it is from Holland or not actually Colm, we had one where I worked. I thought they were swiss or something. You can get all sorts of bodies for them as they have a pto that comes straight off the gearbox behind the cab as well as out of the rear of the machine. Great bit of kit but when the drop gears on the wheels get tired you lose a wheel. .. literally!!! No suspension either, they pivot behind the cab. Only wiegh a few tonnes though.

Not sure if it is from Holland or not actually Colm, we had one where I worked. I thought they were swiss or something. You can get all sorts of bodies for them as they have a pto that comes straight off the gearbox behind the cab as well as out of the rear of the machine. Great bit of kit but when the drop gears on the wheels get tired you lose a wheel. .. literally!!! No suspension either, they pivot behind the cab. Only wiegh a few tonnes though.

We will get there eventually Tris - looked it up at the weekend, they are Austrian ;) 3cyl Perkins engine in those early ones. I should have known though - the head company Reform - still make them and I got a few brochures from them last year  ;)

Interesting stuff Colm, the one I used is almost due for retirement now but the farmer is reluctant to get rid of the machine itself as it is so light and versatile on his heavy wet clay in the winter. Not up to todays efficiency for spraying though unfortunately and sourcing parts is a little harder these days. Any pics of the newer ones mate? do they look the same?

Interesting stuff Colm, the one I used is almost due for retirement now but the farmer is reluctant to get rid of the machine itself as it is so light and versatile on his heavy wet clay in the winter. Not up to todays efficiency for spraying though unfortunately and sourcing parts is a little harder these days. Any pics of the newer ones mate? do they look the same?

Look the same Tris - will get a few pics for you when I am going through them once the exams are over  ;)

• 3 weeks later...